cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet since Saturday

pammy109
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi, 

I'm at my wits end now with all of this. To start with this is my fault as I didn't pay my bill on time and was cut off on Saturday afternoon. Payment was made promptly via the telephone payment service and I then spoke to a member of the team who assured me that my services would be back up and running in 24 hours. Sunday it was not back up and running and I wasn't able to call to speak with anyone or use your live chat as you are closed on Sunday? No technical support offered at all which I was a bit taken aback by. So yesterday I called in at 9am when you opened and spoke to a member of the team who advised me that yes my payment had been made and that my services would be back on within 2 hours and that she would phone me back to check. 3 hours pass and still no Internet and no phonecall from your team member so I called in again only to be told that it would be 24 hours again before my restrictions were removed. Then I called back in and was told by a different team member that it would be 48 hours before I had my Internet restored. It was then that I requested it was put forward as a complaint and a manager contacted me at 1pm today. Told me 100% that if I switched off the router for 30 minutes and switched it back on my service would be restored. If at that point it wasn't I was to then press the reset button on the router which I did but it is still showing me the same error message. I called in again 30 minutes ago only to be told that lots of people are having the same issues. I can't find any mention of this anywhere and that I need to wait 24 to 48 hours for a manager to call me back. I've lost 2 full days of work now as I work from home so is Talk Talk going to pay me the £186 of lost wages from yesterday and today and then more if it still doesn't get sorted today? This is really unacceptable and I really don't know what else to do now about this issue as I'm getting nowhere on the phone to your team. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks for trying, I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hey Chris, it's still not working. Just switched it all back on and we are still seeing this message. 

Screenshot_20230308-102531.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Okay, I've switched it off again. Will follow up with you after the 30 mins 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thanks but could you just try it again as there's been no authentication attempt since yesterday afternoon. If it's then still not working we'll look into it further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hey Chris, 

I did this yesterday as that's what was advised from the manager that called me back but it didn't work. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks Pammy, could you switch off your router and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If it's then still not working please let me know

Chris

Message 8 of 12

Thanks Chris, I've replied

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi pammy109,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

pammy109
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Profile is all up to date, thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

@pammy109  make sure you community profile is complete with landline and account number, only staff can see them, do not post them here.

You will not get any compensation for consequential losses on a home broadband package, you may get a small goodwill payment if promises of service restoration are not kept.

Look out for a staff reply here.

Good luck !

0 Likes