cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No access to some things on the internet since switching to full fibre (eero network)

Shaun2000
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I moved over from the 65Mb contract to 900Mb full fibre last December.  I've noticed recently that I no longer have access to a few things on the internet but don't know how or where to check if there is a setting I need to change.

The specific things that are not accessible are:
1. my GP surgery appointment booking system (I can't give the URL on a public site like this one for security reasons) which no longer has a valid HTTPS certificate, but clicking advanced and go anyway results in the connection hanging.  I can connect using mobile data this way, but not through the home network.

2. XBox series X cannot connect to the Ubisoft - Crew MotorFest online servers

3. XBox series X cannot connect to the Activision - Crash Ream Rumble servers

It would be useful to be able to see what IP addresses and port numbers these things are attempting to connect to and then see if there are any blocks in place, but the Eero app is pretty limited and as far as I can tell, I currently have no specific rules or profiles in place, but can't tell if there are any other restrictions such as parental controls etc.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Shaun

You can find HomeSafe in My Account, you can check the setting there

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Michelle,

Firstly, the issue that was fixed by the 30min reset, has re-appeared and so I'm back to the original 3 issues.

Please see the following updates on them below

1. my GP surgery appointment booking system (I can't give the URL on a public site like this one for security reasons) which no longer has a valid HTTPS certificate, but clicking advanced and go anyway results in the connection hanging.  I can connect using mobile data this way, but not through the home network.  When connecting via my fibre broadband network, the browser just displays a spinning animation like below, and the title of the tab changes to "Domain Blocked"

Shaun2000_0-1706863736381.png

2. XBox series X cannot connect to the Ubisoft - Crew MotorFest online servers.  This error message says that a connection to the service is not available at this time, please try again and has an error code of 0_1.

3. XBox series X cannot connect to the Activision - Crash Ream Rumble servers.  The error message is just a wordy error message that says that a connection to the server could not be established, please retry.  There is no error code displayed.

With regards to HomeSafe, I don't know where this is configured.  I haven't setup anything specifically, so I assume it is currently off?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for confirming. Do you see a specific error message when trying to access these 2 sites? Are you using HomeSafe?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks Chris, 

The reset has cleared 1 of the 3 connectivity issues.  I now have access to the crew motorfest (point 2 in the original post).

Unfortunately i still have the other 2 issues remaining.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning Shaun,

How are you getting on? Did the 30 minute equipment power down help?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Shaun,

Could you switch the ONT and eero off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes