cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No blue light on router to show internet connection

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I was on my Amazon Fire and the internet was working. I started up my laptop and there was none. I checked the router and the blue light which should be on was not. I did all the instruction of turning off everything etc and the router would have a flashing red light the no light at all.

I left everything for a couple of hours and went back on the tablet and the internet was working though the light on the router was still off. I came back on the laptop and did a test on here and the internet is fine. The blue light is still missing from the router.

I'm not sure if what to do. Should I get a new router perhaps it's just the 'bulb' or the blue light that is gone. Any suggestions

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

A router has been ordered and is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Yes please send me one.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi @Dilcia 

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a new router for testing first so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Dilcia
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

As I said the Amazon fire had no internet connection either. However, as I have said both it and the laptop now are working.  I did have a problem Sunday when the sound went off my laptop is that the voice problem you mention? I don't know what you mean by a dial tone or noise. I just had no internet connection.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which has detected a potential voice fault, however the line is showing in sync. Is it just the laptop which won't connect? How is the voice service? Do you have a dial tone and is there any noise on the line?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes