cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WiFi users

Megz4443
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi. 
I have the Amazon eero. 
people walking past my house can connect to my WiFi. How do I disable this so you need to put the password in.

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Unless your Wi-Fi has been set to Open, all users connecting to Wi-Fi would need to know the password.

Wi-Fi broadcasts are public so and device going passed can see the Wi-Fi and the eero may detect a connect request from a device but this would then be refused if the correct password was not submitted.  This is the normal workings of Wi-Fi connections.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Megz4443
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

A few times people have walked past my house and I’ve got a notification to say they’ve joined my WiFi. It’s so strange. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Um, are you sure? You need a password to set up and connect eero to your own devices, nobody else can connect unless they know that password. 

0 Likes