cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No connection to internet

kaikoura
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi I have a case open as my hub has no internet connection since last Friday. The hub is showing a solid orange light after trying to connect with orange/white alternating lights.

Tried different cables and also from the master socket with the same result. Also with an alternative router with no joy.

Haven't looked at device stats since the old days so not sure what's good for fibre but downstream noise margin is zero and upstream attenuation is also zero which looks odd to me.

Connection was lost on Friday and the engineer came out to look on Monday I believe. I wasn't getting a white light before he came out.

Not really getting anywhere with the chat, if someone could check this out I would be grateful!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi, thanks I've got the engineer booked now through the live chat. Earliest appointment was the 22nd though🤦

Thanks for the help in the meantime!

Message 2 of 12

It's too late today to fix this up, @kaikoura.

You could try contacting Talktalk directly, but they are likely to take you through all the diagnostic tests again. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Or wait for forum staff to follow up on Monday?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Yes to potential charges.

I am available with advanced notice (except 16th October though).

Profile updated with mob number.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

OK, if you would like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number (could you send me this in a PM or add it to your community profile)

Thanks 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Chris,

Yes that would be great thanks.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate if you still have no internet connection, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Unfortunately I am at work until 6pm, and tbh I don't think I have a phone to check that with (stopped using the landline a while back).

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

OK thanks. Could you try dialing 17070 from your TalkTalk landline and confirm that the number read back to you is your number (just want to make sure that you've not got a crossed line)

Chris

Message 9 of 12

1000012455.jpg

 Hi Chris, it was still a solid orange light when I left for work. Since the engineer was out it all looks connected in the browser but says no internet. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi kaikoura,

I've checked from our side and it looks as though your router is now connected to the Internet. Is everything OK at your end now?

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Hi @kaikoura your post has been escalated and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes