cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No internet connection after eero 6 router / full fibre installation

KM_MK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Had full fibre installed on Monday 8th Jan. Open Reach engineer ran tests before he left, said all was working well.

Tried to set up eero 6 router and bluetooth is connected, ethernet cable is detected but fails to find WAN IP address.

After countless hours on the phone an hour on the phone to Eero and countless more with TalkTalk across two days of soft resets, hard resets, testing with old router, 'wait 24 hours and it will work' (it didn't) and trying with multiple devices, they eventually agreed to send another Open Reach engineer round to check it. He ran tests for about two hours, even switching out the modem with another to see if that fixed the problem and once again confirmed all worked fine their end.

Spoke to Talk Talk again, who said all they can do is send out a new router (which they're also trying to charge me £89 for btw!)

I know (and it seems they also do) that this is a known issue and a new router is unlikely to fix it, leaving me in the exact same position in a week when the new router arrives. What else can I do?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Thanks Liam, I'll pick up your topic now 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle,

I have one too but was just chatting elsewhere. 

thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 8

I need the same please. I’m really struggling to get clarity on whether openreach are actually on the case as I’m receiving messages from TalkTalk saying my situation is resolved when I’m still receiving the same wan up address errors…

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Thank you. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 8

~Done

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number or Account Number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes