cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 speed 22 Mbps, why?

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

It's time to renew my contract but I wonder if I should stay with TT?

My contract was for £22 which after a year jumped to £25.12 with occasional charges for things I do not use, like TV, etc.  I suppose to get Fibre 35 deal that guarantees 35Mbps speed but all I keep getting is 22, with pages not loading, messages of 'you are offline', etc. 

I called an engineer last week, he came, Friday afternoon, he checked sockets, and *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off to check outside, and two hours later came numerous texts that my problem was solved.

Speed still at 22!!!

So I called, new OR engineer came Monday, just outside, called me and said there were cracks on cable, speeds he checked is 40, and that all is sorted now.

I run tests and the speed is 22, just as it was!!!

WTF?

I look at options for contract renewal and TT offers either £32 for same Fibre 35, or more.... For what???

I tried to get someone from support on chat but buttons on TT website  screen are not working. 

Are you serious people? !?!

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

HI Clara2024

Do you need any further help with this?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

HI Clara2024

Thanks for your reply.

What speed are you receiving this morning when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Yes, Debbie. Thanks!

It arrived at ca 4pm, larger than previous. .. It is on now but speeds seem same - very jumpy! Need more time to observe? I'll let you know. Best,

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28
0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Hi Clara2024

No problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 28

Yes, please!

Thanks,

Message 7 of 28

Hi Clara2024

I think we should send a replacement router so we can rule this out. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

No. One I have was sent in ..summer 2021..? when there was that switch to Fibre..  Cant't remember the exact date.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi Clara2024

Have we recently sent you a new router?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi Chris,

I've just checked and they are ok now: 35, 24, 29 but.. it is now. They are not stable. 

They, speeds, were dropping for some time now, strangely at windy weekends most. Are some cables somewhere loose? .. and really, must I spend so much of my time on all that?   

Also, it puzzles me, why each device receives different speed? They are not far from each other...

Best,

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

PSA stands for Please See Attached.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi Clara,

Line test is passing and sync speed is 40Mbps. If throughput speeds are still low can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 28

What's this PSA thing you keep going on about?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

You'll hear back from staff after the weekend, @Clara2024.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 28

Done this, and now, one Fire tablet 23, other 13, and laptop 7 - PSA!

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 28

So , it looks like your router is in sync at 39Mbps (Near enough the maximum 40Mbps cap for Fibre35) bit you are getting low throughput speed, is that right?

Are you getting the low speed only over WiFi? or are wired devices affected also?

Have you tried the 30 minute router witch off again?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

So it is a month later and my broadband speeds are reaching lows like never before! (PSA) What is going on??? Turn it up, please!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

No problem, glad to hear it worked, just let us know if you experience any further problems 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Wow! Bravo Guys! It worked! ...6 tests 6 speeds though.. PSA!  

Thank you!

Message 20 of 28

OK, line test is passing and your router is in sync at 40Mbps so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let me know if there's any improvement

Chris