cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 speed 22 Mbps, why?

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

It's time to renew my contract but I wonder if I should stay with TT?

My contract was for £22 which after a year jumped to £25.12 with occasional charges for things I do not use, like TV, etc.  I suppose to get Fibre 35 deal that guarantees 35Mbps speed but all I keep getting is 22, with pages not loading, messages of 'you are offline', etc. 

I called an engineer last week, he came, Friday afternoon, he checked sockets, and *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off to check outside, and two hours later came numerous texts that my problem was solved.

Speed still at 22!!!

So I called, new OR engineer came Monday, just outside, called me and said there were cracks on cable, speeds he checked is 40, and that all is sorted now.

I run tests and the speed is 22, just as it was!!!

WTF?

I look at options for contract renewal and TT offers either £32 for same Fibre 35, or more.... For what???

I tried to get someone from support on chat but buttons on TT website  screen are not working. 

Are you serious people? !?!

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hi Clara,

I'll take a look at this now and get back to you

Chris

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 28

Got it! You should see them now!

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 28

ok

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi Clara2024

Please can you add your account number and name to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile (please don't post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes

Clara2024
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 28

Hi there, 

Here is my Account number:, as I can't see where I could add my tel nr, just badges info no place..

As to speed, it's still slow. Your pages load for ages. Checked speed this morning, it was 24 (two more than Tuesday) to the router and 22 to laptop which is no more than 2 meters away from it, with nothing in between. 

I am afraid that phone line will not give me any higher speed, in which case your guarantee of 35 Mbps is somewhat invalid..?

Have any suggestions for improvement?

Attached is a test result screen print.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

Hi Clara2024

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi Clara2024

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes