cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No internet since 2/8

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

My internet went down on 2/8, since then have only received basic info. from TalkTalk. Openreach problem confirmed. Engineer on way to resolve problem 7/8. No further updates either on account or from TalkTalk. 
Raised as a complaint, promised two calls from Complaints team, non received. Still without any internet now up to 21 days.

Anyone to advise on how I move this situation forward.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Will do, thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

OK, could you bump the thread when you're back and we'll take it from there

Chris

0 Likes

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

Please don’t arrange for an engineer, I am out of the country from tomorrow.

Will be back from 9/9/2024

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

OK thanks. I'll pass this back to Openreach for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

Hi Chris the landline is totally dead, tried unplugging and plugging into both line and power cable, still not working.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Glad to hear that your Internet connection is working. Is the telephone line completely dead?

Please also see - About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Internet up and running thank you, landline still not working. 
How do I go about starting a claim for loss of service for 27 days 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Captaincooke,

The fault is now showing cleared, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi @Captaincooke 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault is part of a major service outage and Openreach have provided the below update:

Openreach and team are already working on this fault and have provided a target fix date of 29-08-2024.

We will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Thank you for your response, I’m aware  of compensation, but at moment want broadband restored, or at least someone to respond to my concern/complaint.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Automatic compensation takes c 30 days to appear AFTER resolution, @Captaincooke.

Staff will respond after the weekend, Monday/Tuesday,  as some take the Bank Holiday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Captaincooke
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the info. Done as asked, still no reply. 23 days now without internet. Promised a call on Thursday, to respond to my complaint and once again it didn’t materialise. Chatted and all I got was aware of your situation we are responding as soon as Open reach fix the issue. 
£190.00 to come out of TalkTalk, which I don’t have. Can you advise further. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes