FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not achieving minimum guaranteed speed - Fibre65

Armstrong1794
Team Player
Message 48 of 48

Hi there

Moved into a new house around 4 weeks ago and have yet to achieve the guaranteed download speeds. All tests have been done using a desktop connected via ethernet with no other devices connected to the router.

I have tried resetting the router, turning it off for at least 30 minutes to reset fully, using the test socket on the master socket, replacing the old master socket with a new 5C Master Socket that has the MK4 faceplate and using the test socket on the new master socket - overall the download speed has increased from 26 to 31Mbps, which frankly isn't good enough.

I now believe the problem is external and requires an engineer visit but happy to hear any other suggestions I could try.

Current downstream and upstream:

Armstrong1794_0-1616533398441.png

Current router is the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, firmware version SG4K10002816t. This is the same router used at our previous address where I consistently received 65+Mbps.

Thanks

Nick

47 REPLIES 47

Message 21 of 48

Hi Nick

As the engineer did not attend as arranged then this should be no charge for this visit.

Would you like me to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 48
Hi Debbie

No they didn't, I was home all day and didn't have a knock on the door once.

Not sure if the engineer was fully informed about the situation? We know that there is connectivity, we're just not receiving the speeds we're paying for.

I hope I'm not going to be charged for that visit if the engineer didn't do what they were supposed to do?

Thanks
Nick
0 Likes

Message 23 of 48

Hi Nick

I'm really sorry about this.

The engineer has left the below notes. Did the engineer not attend at the property?

Engineer has proved a working connectivity to end customer

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 48

Hi Debbie

So the engineer visited on Tuesday (I think), I received a text but never saw the person - wasn't sure if they would check the house?

I've remained connected to the test socket since but haven't seen any significant improvements at all (still below the guaranteed speed). Did the engineer say anything about the connection?

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes

Message 25 of 48

Hi Nick

No problem, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 48
Brilliant, thank you Debbie.

Message 27 of 48

HI Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 04/05 PM (1pm - 6pm)

This was the first available appointment. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 48

Hi Debbie

I can confirm I'm happy with any potential engineer charges.

If it's a weekday then AM or PM is fine any day, if it's a weekend then AM only.

Thanks

Nick

Message 29 of 48

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 30 of 48
Hi Debbie

Yes please.

Thanks
Nick

Message 31 of 48

Hi Nick

I've checked the connection stats again and the sync speed has dropped slightly to 36.2mb.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 32 of 48

Hi Nick

The line is now in sync at 36.7mb. I will check the connection stats again tomorrow and if the sync speed hasn't increased any further then we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 33 of 48

Hi Nick

Thank you. I will check the connection stats again tomorrow.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 48
Hi Debbie

I've received the router now and have connected it to the test socket. Let's see how the next 48 hours are!

Thanks
Nick

Message 35 of 48

Hi Nick

The router is on its way just so we can rule this out. Please can you leave the new router connected for at least 48hrs without rebooting to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile/speed.

In regards to engineer charges, if the sync speed is still below the minimum range and the fault is found to be with Openreach equipment then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 48
Hi Debbie

If you think it will completely solve the problem then you can try it. I do think that this requires an engineer visit to solve it.

On that note, would I be charged for the engineer visit even if I'm now achieving the guaranteed download speeds?

Thanks
Nick
0 Likes

Message 37 of 48

Hi Nick

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing first?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 48
Hi Debbie

Unfortunately I do not have another router to test with. The router I'm using is the one we received when I first signed up to TalkTalk at our previous house (17 months ago). Never had an issue with it and was achieving the highest speeds available with it.

Thanks
Nick
0 Likes

Message 39 of 48

Hi Nick

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 66.9 and 45.1mb, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 38.2mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 17.4mb If you have tested with a different router at the test socket for 48hrs then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 48

Hi Nick

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes