cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Old Router

Badassclown
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi, my router is a old huawei hg633 router which iv had since i signed up with talktalk which is many years ago, and over the past 6 month or so the WiFi coverage seems terrible. Walking into the kitchen being on a video call says low signal strength, remote play isn't stable at all. Being upstairs is the same. The speed is fine, my nivida shield works fine in the living room, my phone does too. I'm wondering if I can get a Free Router Replacement to sort this issue out. 

R.G
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

Have you had a look at the below Help Guide?

Set up a non-TalkTalk router - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Michelle, no I was just trying to setup the TP Link VX230v but its not connecting to the Internet?

I did read someone had to get their provider to verify the new routers mac address or something to get it to connect to the Internet? 

Thanks 

R.G
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, are you trying to connect 2 routers at the same time?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Michelle, I have received the router and its got better, WiFi. Im still having micro stutters with my ps portal. I have bought a tp link VX230v router. And it doesn't connect to my Internet I read I have to connect my isp, to get the mac address verified or something to make it connect? 

R.G
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hello,

Great thank you 🙂

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks alot, and I will keep up to date 

R.G
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Badassclown

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi, Debbie, I think iv now done what you asked me to do? Thanks.

R.G

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Badassclown yes we are all getting older! Your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.