cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Question regarding eero 6 and location

garethcp123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I have the fibre 150mb/s package, with the standard eero 6 router at the front of my house, I'm unable to get any wifi at the rear of the house.

As a temp fix;

Is it possible to swap out the eero 6 router for my pokey nighthawk gaming router that could to reach the garden? Is this a straight swap or must it be bridged?

Perm fix;

-Can talk talk move where the fibre enters the building and the location of the ONT/router?

-Is it possible to run a long Ethernet to locate the router?

If anyone has anymore recommendations it would be appreciated.

Thanks G

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi gareth,

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

justdontpanic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

moving the fibre cable is something that could be done providing "openreach" are prepared to do this. 

2, an Ethernet cable would be the best option depending on how far connection from router to back of house. 

3, use a wireless extender and place it in the middle of the property then logon on from the new extender to get coverage

in my opinion, option 2 would be ideal depending on the distance and what type of cable you will use. cat 5 ,6, or 6e should be suffice.

hope this helps 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi @garethcp123 

I can't comment about your router, as I do not have one. There is certainly a VLAN to be added. With my Fibre 150, I use the TalkTalk Sagemcom Hub2, which is very good. I also know someone using this on the Fibre 500 as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

garethcp123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith, I will definitely consider this.

Do you know if a alternative router can be used in place of the eero 6? Such as my nighthawk..

thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

What about a different approach, ask TalkTalk to see if they will supply a second Eero to form a mesh network. They may refer you to the Loyalty team, but just ask in your reply, if this solution is acceptable to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes