cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Replacement router required

Craigbelper
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Been having regular drop outs where internet goes down, router flashes and sometimes comes back up on its own other times it needs turning off and on again.  Is it time to get a replacement router?

Craig
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13
0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

😊will do the survey later. 

Craig

Message 3 of 13

Hi Craig

Ahh I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Sorry, yes it has. All connected up and been stable since and with better speeds. 

Craig

Message 5 of 13

Hi Craig

Have you received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Craig

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie. 

Thanks. 

cheers

craig

Craig

Message 8 of 13

Hi Craigbelper

The line tests are clear - No faults detected. I have ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks Keith. I’ll update my profile details. 😀

Craig

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for that. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate this unstable connection.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Craigbelper
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

It’s a DG8041W router on fibre 65 service. It only has one light and it flashes amber and white. It’s not just wifi that goes down but cabled devices as well. So could be the line or router then. When running the line test it does come back ok though. 

Craig
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

It could be, but it could equally be the line (not knowing what service you are on). What make/model of router do you have currently? You say it flashes, what colour is that & which light is it (the WiFi Hubs only have one light, but there are three different hubs).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes