cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router and Digital Voice

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hoping for a bit of help here, last week had a free full fibre upgrade carried out,  the router I am currently using is a DG8021W-2T5 which doesn't have a digital voice socket, after asking the city fibre installer several times for a compatible full fibre router he handed over an open boxed previously used eero without an ethernet cable and no digital voice adaptor, customer services have now supplied me with an adaptor but the issue I now have is lack of electrical sockets as I wasn't aware the adaptor would also need power. As the eero also only has 2 ethernet ports it would mean I would also need to buy a 4 port switch for my other hardwired devices, again requiring a power outlet (I am already having to use an extension cable which isn't ideal as I had to use my only spare socket for the ONT). Would it be possible for talktalk to provide me with a WiFi Hub 2 router for return of the eero as I am now in the situation where my phone has been disconnected from the old copper network and I am unable to use digital voice.
Secondly if anyone now phones my landline number it goes directly to a voicemail service which I have not signed up for and is not on my telephone options plan, can I have this removed please as I don't want people leaving messages for me that I can't retrieve. Many Thanks.

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Funky-Gibbons

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Update as promised,  turning on and then turning off voicemail 48 hrs later has resolved the issue,  thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk for the advice 👍 

Message 3 of 17
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Thank you,  I will report back at the end of the week.

Message 5 of 17

Hi Funky-Gibbons

Thank you. I can credit this charge back for you after this testing.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Yes I can try that, would this come as a charge on my account for turning on the VM boost? If so I may be better waiting until tomorrow to turn it on so there is only a charge for November 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Funky-Gibbons

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you try switching on the VM option in My Account and then switch it off again in My Account in 24hrs?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Good morning Debbie,  yes my phone does have one but it's not turned on by default,  when it is turned on it answers after 5 rings (approx  10 seconds), the TalkTalk voicemail is kicking in if I have not turned on my answer machine. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Funky-Gibbons

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just check, the handset you are using doesn't have a built in answerphone feature?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk Hub2 router arrived and set up and digital voice is now up and running, however after phoning my own number the voicemail is still coming on after the phone rings for approximately 40 seconds, can you look into getting this stopped please, I've checked my boosts to make sure that voicemail hasn't been set up accidentally but it hasn't.  Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17
0 Likes

Funky-Gibbons
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

That's great thanks,  and yes okay I will check when the hub 2 is up and running.  I appreciate your help folks 👍 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thanks. I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days. If you are still experiencing the same issue with the new router just let me know and we'll look into it further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Address added thanks Chris.

Would the voicemail service automatically stop once my phone is connected to digital voice or do you need to do something to my service to stop it?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Funky-Gibbons,

I can arrange to send you a wifi hub 2, can you just add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and let me know when you've done this

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

I will ask them for you, I thought it was standard now to supply the Hub 2 for digital voice. It is what is quoted in the FAQs anyway:-

https://forms.c-e.io/5090/oldZ8kt_p-KU4BN-c9Z6SQ

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?