cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router issues

tonyskates
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Good evening

Some help please.  I have spend considerable time with TalkTalk's agens over the past couple of days and we seem to be at a bit of a dead end.

I have a Fibre 65 router and I want to change some of the settings.  Easy enough just type 192.168.1.1 and bingo - well not really!  it brings up the opening page - enter username 'admin' enter password 'xxxxxxx' - Incorrect information, well it's been the same for about 5 years but no matter i'll just reset.  press the reset button, follow the instructions, put in the details from the little pull out card on the back of the router enter the details - 'admin', password - incorrect information.  No matter what historic information I enter the message is the same BUT i am still connected to the internet but I cannot enter the routers admin pages.

I want to access the WPA2 and WPA3 passwords and Talk Talk tell me that the only way I can get them is by typing 192.168.1.1 - CATCH 22!

Any help or advice would be most welcome 

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Tony

I'm so glad to hear that you can access the admin page now 🙂

@mike_in_italy Thank you for your help 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Mike, apart from my dad, brothers, sons  and grandson I have NEVER EVER told another man that I love him EXCEPT YOU!!!

Thank you so much.  It may be old age and senility but since this problem arose some weeks ago TalkTalk's online agents kept telling me that the information was on the pull up card - hence I have been going around in circles but thanks to you I can now hopefully move on.

Have a great day and please keep your halo nicely polished!

If TalkTalk monitor the community chat please can you ask your lovely agents to make sure that the old idiot on the other end of the line knows there is a difference.

Tony

mike_in_italy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Just to be absolutely certain, the router 'Admin' password is on the sticky label on the back of the router. The password on the pullup plastic tab is the WiFi password. You probably know this but the router logon page should be available by clicking on the router icon in the File Explorer (or whatever it's called these days) window under Network. I'm assuming you are on PC?