cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router resetting itself constantly

melty
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

My router is constantly resetting itself, the error log says it's due to 'kernal panic'. I've seen a few other people with the same issue have it resolved with a firmware update. How do I contact someone to help with my issue / update my firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I've started the update, it should complete in a few minutes, please don't switch off your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

OK thanks. Yes, I'll udpate the firmware now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Chris, 

No I still have the kernel panic resetting issue. I talked to tech support last week but they insisted on sending out open reach. They've just been, they did tweak something (line attenuation was a tiny bit high) but said it wouldn't cause the router to reset like it has been. And it's already reset since they've left. 

Would you be able to update the firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi melty,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing problems with your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks, have a great Christmas.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Actually, I did this last night @melty 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes please that would be great.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Alas, the TalkTalk staff on here would do it very quickly for you, but they are not back until Wednesday now. Do you want me to escalate this to them for when they return?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

I thought as much, i tried asking specifically but they just follow a script I guess.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

That is rubbish advice I am afraid, it is a well-known bug in the DG8041W firmware V1.05. It is the sole fix in V1.06. They should be able to upgrade it for you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks Keith,

I have spent an hour on hold with the tech support but they are adamant an open reach engineer needs to come and check the line.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and update it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith

0 Likes