cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow Download Speeds

Gartland88
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hello

I've noticed a considerable drop in my broadband download speeds over the past few days, and from next week I'll be starting a new hybrid role that involves working from home.

Current tests show my download speed at 5.39.

Talk Talk have recognised there is an issue and I am to arrange for an engineer to come out, but every time I attempt to book one I instead run into an error that prevents me doing so.

Can anyone advise what I might be try resolve myself? Or how I can go about arranging an engineer callout? Do they offer evening callouts?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Morning Steve,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Thanks Debbie - I'll confirm the outcome later this afternoon.

Best wishes,

Steve

Message 4 of 20

Hi Gartland88

The courier should attempt to deliver the router again.

If you haven't received the router by the end of today then please post here and let us know.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Good morning Michelle, thanks for reaching out.

The delivery was attempted yesterday but the driver couldn't gain access to the lobby and took the router back.

I'm actually working from home today - any chance we can attempt a redelivery?

Kind regards 

Steve

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Morning Steve,

How are you getting on? Has the replacement router arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Steve

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Morning Debbie

Sure thing, whatever you think is best - happy to go with the flow.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 9 of 20

Morning Steve  @Gartland88 

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a new router first so we can rule this out before arranging an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

@Gartland88, notification emails are from a No Reply address, so staff don't receive them.

Take a look at this information page re engineer charges to prepare for a response from staff during the day:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

It will probably be advisable to go down the route of checking with a new router first. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 11 of 20

Hi Debbie

I'm not sure if my reply from yesterday reached you or not.

I only have the one router so I haven't tested any others. I've tried turning the router off/on again without any joy.

Can you assist in booking an engineer? The website process has been down all week and with no phone support over the weekend it's proving very difficult to get a constructive outcome. 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Morning Steve  @Gartland88 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

The line test has detected a potential issue with the line and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Can I just check, have you recently tested with a new router directly at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Good morning Debbie

I've just added my account number as requested - thanks!

Steve 

Message 14 of 20

@Gartland88 

Could you add your TalkTalk account number to the telephone number section of your Community Profile?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

It will still speed things up for staff if you add your Talktalk account number in Personal Information, @Gartland88.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

I'll remove your full name from your previous post. Simply don't publish personal details of any sort on the open forum. 

Staff will be back on here first thing in the morning. 

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 16 of 20

Hi Debbie, thank you for your response.

I have broadband only;  no landline.

The profile editor isn't working as it should, but my name is XXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS.

The Wi-Fi Network is TALKTALK.....

I think I just need help to schedule in an engineer, seeing as how this application on the Talk Talk website is not currently working, though any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Steve

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Thank you for your helpful response.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi @Gartland88 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Staff will be back on here from early Monday morning, @Gartland88.

They will run more tests and possibly swap out the router before organising an engineer, as you need to be sure that none of the fault starts your side of the test socket. 

You could try switching off the router for a full 30 minutes. 

If speeds are still poor, leave the router switched on, plugged in at the test socket (if your master socket has one).

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Staff will also need to know if you get crackling  / noise on phone calls.

Please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar,  settings etc.