cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow speed and bad connection - need update on fault

pinkhouse
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hello. Recently my internet speed has been very slow and there have been problems with the connection.

I went on to the connection test and it said if found a problem (reference number REP-13876452) and that an engineer would be sent to the exchange. Since then there has been no update, please can somebody look into this for me?

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi pinkhouse

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi pinkhouse

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, since the engineer visited have you tried powering down the router for 30 minutes?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, unfortunately there still seems to be problems. Yesterday a Talktalk engineer attended and removed an extension between the router and the wall socket which he said was the cause of the speed and connection issues. Now the router is connected directly and closer to the socket however there is still a connection and speed problem according to the website test. 

Also, when I try start the live chat on the fault page by clicking the button, nothing happens.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi pinkhouse

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved. Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi pinkhouse

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that this fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

I will monitor the fault for further updates.

Thanks