cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Solid Red light on router - no connectivity

Gizmo1981
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 33

As title.

I have a D-Link DSL-3782 and since 1am this morning,  the connection dropped and the router went to a single red light for the power,  But the Broadband,  Internet, Wireless and Ethernet lights are all out.

I've tried unplugging the router for one hour and then plugging it back in,  rechecking the connections for the ADSL,  Even factory resetting the router by pressing in the small button at the rear of the router..

nothing works and it's still showing a solid red light.

I saw this on another post 
The router having a permanent red power light is an indicator that it's failed the start-up diagnostics. Switch off the power to the router, wait a few minutes then repower.  If the light is still red after another 5 minutes then the router requires replacement.’

So Obviously it appears my router is FUBAR.

Any chance of a replacement or one that is more reliable?

:edit:

we have also ran a network test using talktalk's self help centre and that says there is an issue but after 8 and a half hours I really need this looking into at the earliest opportunity as I require a connection to do my admin and create content.

Playing GT5 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my Chrome Enzo Ferrari 😉
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

hi,  Yep it's here and all connected up.

I'm not sure if it's a firmware thing,  But every so often when I'm in the router page configuring things,  The UI gets stuck and when I refresh the page it seems I'm logged out of the router and have to log back in again and try to retrace my steps to where I was prior to being signed out.

Is this something you're aware of from other users?

Is there any way of disabling the auto-sign out as it's kinda frustrating to have to keep logging back in until I'm finished and only then closing the tab.

thanks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

The router should automatically update once new firmware is pushed out.

The DSL3782 is one of our older routers so it's probably become faulty. Once the new Sagemcom hub is connected then once new firmware is available your router will be updated.

The firmware updates have to be done by TT, we don't have a file for the firmware update.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

Many thanks,  I've managed to borrow a router for the time being until it arrives.

This one is syncing up just fine so now I know 100% it was the DSL 3782 packing in.

One thing I did notice in the self-help section,  When I ran a line test it did say that the router required a firmware update but I wasn't able to find any downloads for firmware updates across talktalk's website in order to do this myself.

Do TT just push the updates or do we have an actual section we can download firmware updates?  Or are TT responsible for pushing the updates?

If the latter,  Can we not download the .bin files and update our firmware ourselves,  As I like to ensure drivers and firmware of hardware are fully up to date at the earliest time possible and being able to manually do this is something I'm accustomed to.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

Sometimes they do arrive within 24hrs, mine have in the past.

We do say to allow up to 48hrs just incase.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 33

That's great thanks,  How soon am I likely to have the new one ready to go?

I know you say 24-48 hours but which is more likely? 

Message 27 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

Yes it could be a router fault. Once the new router is connected and if this resolves the no sync fault then I can check the sync speed for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

Is that because the router isn't functioning ( line not in sync ) ?

Or could that be down to something else entirely?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is clear - no faults detected. I can't see the sync speed as the line is not currently in sync.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 33

Are you showing no connection issues prior to entering the property and confirming it is the router?

Can you see what the current sync speeds are to the socket? 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 33

Hi Gizmo1981

Apologies for this.

I've ordered you a replacement router (Sagemcom WIFI hub) please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 33

The router sounds like it is faulty. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?