cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Low speed from talktalk to my router

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

When i test my seed and conectiverty it come back thier is a problem te lls me thier checkin it takes a few miuets then tells me done and if problem still exist which it does go to bot .i  did this last year still does not get the speed up, because all they do is run through the eqipment from the wall box, What is my next steps 

Nonsulont
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Ahh it's ok, I've been called worse 🙂

Any further issues then you know where we are.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Thanks again debbi sorry about the ai coment .

Ecbriggs 

Nonsulont

Message 3 of 19

Hi Edbutch

I'm so happy to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

I'm a real person, not AI 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread to let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for your experience when using the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi debbi yes thank you recieved friday installed and the speed increased instantly.

I've had this slow speed ever since i have had this fibre 65 and have tryed to get it resolved on numourus occations with out any resultsi i have had talks with the tec teams sent letter waited for phone calls that never came ,.now I can think about renewing my conntract,the speed jumped up to 54 mbs ,by the way are you areal person or ai any way thank you.

EcBriggs

Nonsulont

Message 5 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Edbutch

No problem 🙂

I will check in again with you once the new router is connected up.

Debbie

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

Ok thank you.

Nonsulont

Message 8 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please can you connect the new router to the line for 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile/speed.

If the speed still doesn't start to increase then we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

Hi have thought about what you said maybe we should try the router first .

Nonsulont

Message 10 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Would you like me to arrange the Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Ok, I can arrange an engineer visit to investigate this for you.

We only advise to test with a different router at the test socket to avoid any potential engineers charges, if the fault is found to be with the router, face plate or internal wiring.

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and also provide your availability for the visit AM and PM?

Engineer charges

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

As I pointed out the line test suggest there is a fault in the line between the exchange and my socket that is before the router so sending anew router would not solve the issue.

Nonsulont
0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Edbutch

The minimum guaranteed speed is showing as 49mb.

I think we should send a new router first as the line test is clear. If there is a fault with the router then this can affect DLM and the sync speed.

If the speed doesn't increase with a new router and with the router at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to send the router?

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 19

Hi again the problem is before the router it's between the exchange and my house, so another router will not solve the issue, checked for the fibre ,I'msupposed to be on fibre65 all ready states avrg speeds of 65mbs so 43 is my avrg so i'm way below that.

Nonsulont
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

In regards to FTTP, there is a availability checker on this page Guide to Full Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

The availability checker is half way down the page I've linked above.

0 Likes

Edbutch
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

Hi debi the connectivety test says the speed shuold be 48mbs and up also it tells me that thier is a fault, also fibre 65 says thier is supposed to be a minimum of 48 to54mbs. Ive never recieved this. 

Is it possible to say when full fibre will reach my area.

Thanks E briggs

Nonsulont
0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi Edbutch

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test and this hasn't detected any faults. The line is in sync at 42mb.

What speed are you receiving when running speed tests?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Edbutch

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes