cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed

Adelel
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

My guaranteed MBPs is 40 and it has not gone over 22 for the last 3 months. Where do

i stand with this. Am I entitled to a refund 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Adelel,

Noise on the line could be the cause of the broadband issue, that's why we ask you to test with a telephone. Is the router currently connected to the test socket? If it is then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to your home to investigate further 

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

No and I don’t have access to one nor will I buy one at my expense when there is no compensation for the poor connection

the issue is with the upload and down load speed not the quality of the dial tone and noise 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, you will have a landline service. Do you have access to a telephone that you can use to test for dial tone and noise?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

The landline comes with FTTC services so it must show as a phone number in your My Account, @Adelel.

Staff get people to check the voice quality (you may need to borrow a handset) as crackling etc can help diagnose the fault.

If these checks are not done, you run a greater risk of an engineer being sent out needlessly. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I don’t have a landline so the “issue”

is solely Broadband

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Adelel,

Line test is picking up a potential issue and showing a potential voice fault, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

It's never a good idea to go by the default renewal quote, @Adelel.

Phone up and haggle, or use Chat, to make sure that you can avoid unwanted extras: 03451 720088 from 9am, if you want to renew. Same number if you wish to cancel. 

You can't get an engineer along without agreeing to POTENTIAL charges and staff will always check whether charges are valid if you think they need challenging. 

You must give them a chance to look fully into the situation.

0 Likes

Adelel
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

No because this was a different issue where the internet was not working at all. I was told

i would be charged if there was no issue. With the internet appearing to be working on talk talks end you would have no doubt taken advantage of this.

as you can see- I have been promised 40 Mbps and averaging 22. Again the internet is working but the speed guarantee is not being met. What is the point in having a speed guarantee and not have compensation like every other company. The quote for the new contract is 7 pounds a month dearer than anywhere else 

A695549A-26CF-41DF-8595-2655C884BC7C.png
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@Adelel, in February (& previously, in December) did you follow up by booking engineer visits?

Not clear in your last thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Internet-is-not-working-AGAIN/td-p/2950883

No, you are not entitled to a refund for lower speeds. For total loss of service, there would be automatic compensation. Whichever, it is important that you report faults or poor performance as early as possible.

Talktalk can't be held responsible if you have not reported it sooner. They don't know about it if you don't report the issue.

Staff will respond during the day (Monday to Friday).

0 Likes