cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Speed

Lcfclad05
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Since installation on June 14th, my speeds have been less that 2MBPS, but I was guaranteed at least 11MBPS

its never improved, and is still extremely slow, can someone please get back to me about this, as it’s not what was promised. 
Thanks. 

T.Smith
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @tsmiggy 

Only if FTTC or FTTP were available would the speed increase.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

There are areas where FTTC is not available, @tsmiggy.

People are only on this slowest package (Fast Broadband) from Talktalk where there is no other option.

It is actually among the more expensive options at the bottom end of the range, when out of contract. Customers don't opt for that unless they have no choice!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Sorry to jump onto this thread, but out of curiosity, why would the speed be so low anyway. Given that the predicted speed is 11mb. That seems low. 

Would a higher speed package from Talktalk, increase there speed? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Lcfclad05

The speed you receive is based upon your line length/quality and how the line is routed.

The speed advised is an average and the predicted speed for your line is showing - between 2.8 and 1.7mb.

0 Likes

Lcfclad05
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

I don’t have anything on email that shows what I’ll be getting, I only have emails saying when it starts, when my direct debit comes out and what my Housephone number is. 

T.Smith
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Lcfclad05

That is the average speed not guaranteed speed range.

On the email you received there should show a minimum range for your line.

0 Likes

Lcfclad05
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

I have just gone onto the TalkTalk website and put in my address to check packages and this is the exact package I bought attached below, which says 11MB download and 1MB upload and I’m not getting the 11 MB download. Thanks

IMG_5452.png
T.Smith
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Lcfclad05

Would it be possible to send me a photo of the email with the predicted speed via Private Message?

0 Likes

Lcfclad05
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Yes I received an email saying I’d get guaranteed 11MB, which is why I chose TalkTalk in the first place. I also got billed £35 today when Ive only had it for about a week. Yes I believe it’s in the test socket as well.

T.Smith
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Lcfclad05

Thank you. I've reset the data port and optimised the connection and the line is in sync at just under 3.5mb.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 2.8 and 1.7mb.

Did you receive an email with predicted the speeds? Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Lcfclad05
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I believe I have now done this. At the moment, I cannot even use it, and I’ve already been charged for it as well and it’s unusable. Thanks. 

T.Smith
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Lcfclad05 

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes