cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Switching from Talktalk to Sky story

ValeryL
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I have been with Talktalk for a few years and was quite happy with my broadband. However recently I decided to switch to Sky as would like to get a package with Netflix, Sky Sport etc and Sky offered a better price! I am allowed, right?! My contact has expired, why not to change!

And this is where my nightmare has started! As soon as I placed an order with Sky (literally in one hour) my internet was cut off by Talktalk although an official cease date was in 2 weeks time. Please note, I have not had any problems with my equipment or connection whatsoever until this exact moment!  I wonder how often Talktalk does it to their leaving customers, my feeling is it is a normal practice! Outrageous! Anyway, I have started calling them, It was Sunday -phone lines were closed (Sky people actually worked and advised me to contact Talktalk regarding the issue saying they had no control of it).

Ok, luckily "Live chat" was available, and they did some checks on the line, feeding me with all kind of stuff that I needed a microfilter (although I have a master socket with 2 ports) and etc. I had tried a microfilter, a spare cable just in case. Nothing helped, it was not meant to help obviously as I believe I was just disconnected! How this is called? When a company deliberately mislead customers? Ok, they offered me an engineer visit in 5 days time, I agreed to it as was so upset and frustrated that didn't know what to do, however next morning I decided to call them and discuss the issue. To the first guy I spoke for probably 40 min, he was trying to convince me to stay (as per usual) and periodically disappeared to check something with someone. After one of this breaks he suddenly mentioned that yes, my internet actually was ceased on a day but he would be happy to revert it and he disappeared again. After coming back he had just said that no,  he would not fix the problem and transferred me to the Tech Team. The transfer took a while so I hung up and called again. The second guy was eager to help me at first but then talked to the first guy or to their manager and also said he could not help me. When I asked that I would like to file the complaint, they transferred me to another lady, who said that she had nothing to do with it (So she just ignored me and my request for complaint!) and that I needed the Tech team. Ok, they transferred me to the Tech Team. The lady there had just told me again something about a microfilter (which I had tried already). On my question if it is the microfilter the engineer would be fixing, if it was clear that microfilter was not an issue,  her answer was that she would not know that and yes, I would need probably to pay for a visit as I agreed to that (So that I read terms and conditions. Did I have a chance not to agree! No internet, so disturbing and frustrating!). On my question, how I supposed to handle the situation being at  least for 5 days (probably for 2 weeks!) without internet for no obvious reason, she struggled to answer. Then I asked if I actually could cancel my service now, she transferred me to the cancellation Team, the lady in that Team had just said that she could not cancel the service as I was transferring  to another provider...

So there is no way out! Vicious circle!  So I have 2 weeks for my switch to Sky! No internet (not sure I get compensated), I am awaiting for the engineer in 5 days ! I am frustrated, disappointed, angry and feeling helpless! Excellent customer service, Talktalk!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2
0 Likes