cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TT customer service is not very good,is it?

Davido2112
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi all, 1st time poster here, but feel I need to voice my concerns/disappointment with TT's very poor customer service.

Last November/December I contacted TT to see if I could upgrade or change my service as my fibre 150 contract was ending at the end of December, I was told to call back nearer the time as they couldn't do anything atm, so I did a web chat a week or so before contract end and was informed that TT could do the same fibre 150 for £28 p/m, but would have to sort this out with another dept.

I later spoke to chap who told me yes it was possible but not until he called me back on the 12th January, well you can guess what happened, he didn't call, so I chased this up once again, only to be told on the 24th February that I shouldn't have been told any of that stuff about a discounted price, as they couldn't do that, I was then told I have 2 options with TT, either downgrade the fibre or upgrade to fibre 500, which was offered at the same price as my existing out of contract fibre 150, so £32 p/m.

This was all arranged and I got confirmation emails etc saying my fibre 500 would go live on the 1st February, well, 3 days after the go live day, I contacted TT and was promised it would be all good in 2-3 days, it wasn't, I chased again a few days later, only to be told there is  a problem with switching me up to 500 from 150, this was last week, and I'm due a call today for an update.

The weird thing is that although my d/l speed is still at 150mbs, my u/l speed has increased from 20 mbs to 70mbs, so something has been improved, but not the promised d/l speed of 500

I feel I am hitting my head off a brick wall, all I get is promises that it'll be fixed, but no one can tell me when, it's been 5 days since they last called me, and I'm not expecting any good news today, if they call.

I raised a complaint and got a reference No., but that whole system seems to be not bothered about sorting out my complaint.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a fibre upgrade?, and did it go well, or like mine, waiting for paint to dry etc. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Davido2112

Sorry that this is still ongoing.

The is a callback booked for tomorrow 9th, the order is stuck in issued and need to be progressed by the future fibre team.  

As for the email there has been an issue reported by other customers, If you post in the email section someone will pick it up. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Arne, it's now over 1 month since my fibre was due to start, can you please shed any light on why this is taking so long?

And if you have any updates, could you please send them to my Talk Talk email?

Lastly, on a different subject, my Wifes email isn't working since yesterday, and ideas please?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi, thanks for the em, update.

Why do TT advertise/sell things they can't actually give you?

This is why i'm so annoyed with TT, I had a terrible time trying to sort out an upgrade etc, only now I'm being told that that the system isn't up to it yet, it's pretty poor performance, and now appears to be more like, how long is a piece of string?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Davido2112

The  regrade order is stuck in pending, So the complaints team have logged this to the network team to process the order fully, as this requires an update to multiple backend systems it is unfortunately taking longer than expected. 

The complaint manger will get an update when the required actions have been carried out, at which point he will contact you. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Hi @Davido2112 

Just give @Arne-TalkTalk a chance.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Keith, I updated my details, but they weren't very specific, I entered my email and mobile No.  and then I was asked to give my line No. or a/c No. so it's been a bit slow once again to try to get to the bottom of this issue, which shouldn't be this difficult or time consuming.

I did get a call from TT earlier today, and guess what I was told?, we can't give you a timeline for the fault to be fixed, so we won't call you to tell you this every few days, we'll just email you instead., I mean I can see online they haven't fixed it, so why bother at all.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I was given a call back window of 2hrs, say between 3 and 5pm, I get the call about 3 or 4 mins before the window is up, this happens every time, and it's really a complete waste of my time again.

Really starting to think I should have went with another provider now, that has better customer support, or can actually commit to giving me some proper information on the fault and when it'll be fixed.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Hi @Davido2112 

@Arne-TalkTalk from TalkTalk has offered to help you. However, you have not updated your Community Profile as he requested. Please bear in mind that the only details he has for you are your forum username. He cannot look up your account & process your problems without knowing these details. Only you & TalkTalk will have visibility of these details.

If you just keep re-posting the problem details, TalkTalk will be unable to help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 8 of 13

3rd time lucky, maybe?

Hi all, 1st time poster here, but feel I need to voice my concerns/disappointment with TT's very poor customer service.

Last November/December I contacted TT to see if I could upgrade or change my service as my fibre 150 contract was ending at the end of December, I was told to call back nearer the time as they couldn't do anything atm, so I did a web chat a week or so before contract end and was informed that TT could do the same fibre 150 for £28 p/m, but would have to sort this out with another dept.

I later spoke to chap who told me yes it was possible but not until he called me back on the 12th January, well you can guess what happened, he didn't call, so I chased this up once again, only to be told on the 24th February that I shouldn't have been told any of that stuff about a discounted price, as they couldn't do that, I was then told I have 2 options with TT, either downgrade the fibre or upgrade to fibre 500, which was offered at the same price as my existing out of contract fibre 150, so £32 p/m.

This was all arranged and I got confirmation emails etc saying my fibre 500 would go live on the 1st February, well, 3 days after the go live day, I contacted TT and was promised it would be all good in 2-3 days, it wasn't, I chased again a few days later, only to be told there is  a problem with switching me up to 500 from 150, this was last week, and I'm due a call today for an update.

The weird thing is that although my d/l speed is still at 150mbs, my u/l speed has increased from 20 mbs to 70mbs, so something has been improved, but not the promised d/l speed of 500

I feel I am hitting my head off a brick wall, all I get is promises that it'll be fixed, but no one can tell me when, it's been 5 days since they last called me, and I'm not expecting any good news today, if they call.

I raised a complaint and got a reference No., but that whole system seems to be not bothered about sorting out my complaint.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a fibre upgrade?, and did it go well, or like mine, waiting for paint to dry etc

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Davido2112, I still need either your landline number or account number to be added to your profile and I can check what's going on. 

0 Likes

Davido2112
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Update, here we go again.

Has anyone had a similar experience with a fibre upgrade?, and did it go well, or like mine, waiting for paint to dry etc

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Davido2112

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

After the speed upgrade, did you turn both the ONT & router off for a full 30 mins?

Have you connected a laptop or similar with a wired (Ethernet) connection directly to the ONT in place of the router? If so what speed did you get there?

Keith

0 Likes