cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk Router - which is the latest?

Tinjacobs77
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Sorry - but just joined the community.  I have been a customer for a number of years now - unfortunately the best speed I can get is Fibre35.  I have just renewed my contract and as part of it TalkTalk tried to get me to upgrade my router for 80.00.  However the router appeared to be the same one as the one I currently have which I have had for about 4 years!  I have tried to find out what the latest one is they offering but can only find the picture!  Does anyone now a model number or anything so I can check it against mine.  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Tinjacobs77 

Our FTTP availability checker is on this page Guide to Full Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

If you scroll down on this page then there is a link to check availability. 

Once FTTP is available then it will show there.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Team?  I wasn't aware I could contact anyone!  I've only seen the option for live chat - that doesn't seem to work all you are referred to the community pages - all I got it is a message on my dashboard screen when I log in to my account - I noticed there was a new offer for Renewal so accepted it.

There was no option for a FTTP connection.  Virgin Broadband offer it on my street but no one else seems to think it's an option currently. When I do the post code check I only get offered Fibre 35 or Fibre 65.  If I could get FTTP - again - I don't think I should have been offered the 80 pound hub as that would be the wrong one for FTTP.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Did the team mention if FTTP was available to you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

No thank you. I get the speed I was told I would get.  I just found it interesting that when renewing I was offered a new hub for 80 pounds that would make no difference as it's the same as the one I have already - which talktalk should already know as they sent it me.  It's probably 4 years old now but it's the same one. I'm sure there are customers out there that would buy it thinking it was something new and might improve things - but to me it was a bit of a con.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Tinjacobs77 

Would you like us to take a look at your broadband speeds for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thank you - you were quicker than calling support! or live chat - which is just going round and round!  

That is the router I have - and the right firmware - so it would appear they tried to sell me the same thing I already have!  Brilliant - I assumed it was by the picture.  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The standard router currently is the Sagemcom FAST5364 running firmware V174.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes