cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talktalk full fibre /eero not working after fibre installation

Jimgmacfarlane
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

full fibre installed by enginners on 6.2.23. Eero router sent by talktalk beforehand. Tried countless times to set up using eero app. The router bluetooth connects to my phone, then tries to connect to the internet. It fails every time, saying on the troubleshooting page: NO EXTERNAL IP address detected. I've spent at least 5 hours now on the phone to technical help, who have all run very tedious and slow protocols to try and deduce the problem, whilst logging the case with City Fibre. Although all of the four lights of the full fibre connection box are green, even connecting an ethernet cable directly from the fibre connection box to a computer, the computer cannot detect the internet. I am now waiting almost a week to hear back from cityfibre about sending an engineer out. No text or contact whatsoever. Spoke to cityfibre, will not help at all "Discuss with your internet provider who can discuss it with us". Rang talktalk again yesterday, went through the same lengthy diagnostics process taking 75 minutes and no further forward, except they said they would emphasise to cityfibre that I wished to hear from them ASAP. It is difficult to know that anything is actually being done to investigate the fault from the cityfibre end, when I have to spend an hour on the phone each time to talktalk to find that nothing has been done!!

Has anyone had the same experience? Any obvious quick fixes? I have tried a hard reset of the eero device, as well as a reboot of the fibre connection box, as well as using the eero app on 3 separate phones (using amazon login- could this be the issue??) to initiate the connection but the same error occurs when the eero is trying to find the IP address. Argh!! I just need a cityfibre engineer to come out and test the connection. Clearly something has not been switched on or connected properly during the fibre installation.

Plus, talktalk accounts obviously thinks everything is fine, as I have already been billed (albeit the 3 month free introductory offer) from the installation date of 6.2.23 when it is still not working 2 weeks later!

Thanks

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

OK, I've made a change that will hopefully resolve the problem. The change will take effect with 24 hours but it doesn't usually take that long

Chris

Message 2 of 26

Hi Jim,

I think I can see the problem, just trying to find out how to fix it. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you

Chris

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 26

OK, it was just a thought. The support team won't be back online until Monday, hopefully they can advise further then. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

I'm using the ethernet cable that came with the eero 6 pro router. I assume as I purchased a 500 MB/S full fibre contract it would be able to supply that? Just tried powering everything down for 30 mins as suggested and it has made no difference  see talktalk speed rest, when device connected to the eero pro 6 router that is directly attached to full fibre connection box. Any suggestions, talktalk?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

I meant 1Gbps, as opposed to lower which will only support up to to 100Mbps, sorry!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 26

Wow, so Cat5e will work at 100Gbps, I learn something new!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 26

Are you using a Cat5e Ethernet cable, preferably better? Otherwise it will be limited to 100GB. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

I've tried it on multiple devices via wireless, connected to the Eero pro 6 router and it is stuck at 100 MB/S. I've just tried it using a computer connected directly to the fibre connection box with an ethernet cable and the max speed is exactly the same. I will try powering both off for 30 mins and let you know if any improvement. This is 'off peak' Tim ie 10pm on a Friday night.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Are you running the speed test wired or wireless? Have you tried powering down the ONT and the eero for a full 30 minutes and then tested the speed again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Thanks Chris. It has now connected as of today, whixh is good. Connection speed doesn't seem right - download/upload seems stuck on 108 MB per second when it should be 500?

Any thoughts? I did a connection and line test on My Account and it seems to think there is still a problem?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Morning Jim,

How are you getting on, is everything OK now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Many thanks Chris, will check tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi Jim,

I can see that you now have an internet connection so hopefully everything is OK now. Please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi Jim,

How are you getting on, City Fibre have carried out work to resolve the issue, is your service now working?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Quick update, they think they've found the problem, just waiting for the engineer to get back to me

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Thanks Jim, I'm currently chatting with a CF engineer about this, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

All 4 are green

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Thanks for that, could you just tell me which lights are currently on on the ONT

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

OK thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes