cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Two questions about Fibre 150

Message 2 of 2

Hello.

I just got Fibre150 setup the other day and I have a couple of questions.

1. When the engineer fitted the fibre optic cable to my house, TalkTalk hadn't yet sent me any new equipment. The engineer had a TalkTalk branded router (a Sagemcom Fast 5464) so he gave me that and it's working ok. There was no Digital Voice Adapter, though, so I connected my phone line to the socket on the back on the Sagemcom router that was covered by a sticker (a green BT-plug socket) and the phone has been working ok. Today, TalkTalk sent me a Digital Voice Adapter (Grandstream). Do I need to use this DVA given my phone line is working ok or can I just keep using the one on the router?

2. I might be looking to buy my own Fibre router. If I do, will my phone line work with routers that have VoIP sockets built-in or do I need another type? Most of the routers I've seen online with VoIP have the RJ11 sockets, not the BT-socket that the Sagemcom router has. And, if I get another router do I need to inform TalkTalk WRT the phone line?

I'm well aware I could use the DVA that arrived today from TalkTalk but that's not the answer to the question I'm asking - the space where the ONT is located is limited and it's a pain to have another device that needs power in that location.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Sir_Talbot_Buxomly,

The digital voice adapter is for a different router that doesn't have a voice port, your don't need it with the Fast 5464, you should continue to use the built in voice port on the router

Unfortunately I can't advise you if a specific 3rd party router will work with our VoIP service, we recommend that you use the equipment that we supply. You can certainly try a 3rd party router if you like but please note that we don't give out information about our VoIP settings.

Chris