cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Useless tech support for slow fibre 150

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Upgraded to fibre 150 in January with a guaranteed 110 Mbs download. Achieved guaranteed speed for a day or so then slowed. Tech support sent the openreach engineer back, he did something at the cabinet and speed back up for a few more days. Since then it has never achieved guaranteed speed (currently 60 Mbs to modem) despite three tech support chats (each repeating the same thing with no lasting improvement). I tried the complaint chat - two hours plus getting passed back and forth between tech support and others with no progress. How vdo I either get a fix, get downgraded to my previous cheaper (and equally fast) service or just plain cancel and go elsewhere (currently my favourite choice after recent experience)?

38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Chris and Debbie,

Finally! It is now 48 hrs since the openreach engineer fixed the line and the speed to router has been consistently in the low 130 Mbps (which is in the middle of the expected range at sign up and well above the guaranteed 110 Mbps) so all seems well.

Thank you for sorting this out - it is what I would expect from good support - but it is ridiculous that the only way to access this level of support is via this forum. The online chat support offered was less than useless in my case - 2 months achieving nothing except interminable chats each going through the same script covering totally irrelevant things (they consistently ignored my saying speed to router was the problem and tried diagnosing my wifi, which I know is not great as it covers a largish house with solid internal walls, but router is positioned to give good coverage where most used). Would it not be more cost effective for talktalk to provide proper support by people who know what they are doing and so fix things quickly rather than presumably cheap staff who slavishly follow a script irrespective of the actual situation.  I have wasted hours of my time trying to get this fixed as well as not receiving the contracted service for three months (with no automatic offer of compensation). If I had easy and obvious access from the beginning to the support you have provided I would have been a reasonably happy customer (as I have been for several years) but as it is I am an unhappy customer who would not recommend talktalk and at end of current contract I will be looking to change.

Thanks again Chris and Debbie for doing a good job.

Tom

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Hi Tom

Thanks for letting us know.

We will check in again with you next week to see how the connection has been performing.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Openreach engineer arrived at expected time, did some checks and then went outside to check cabinet and lines.  Did something and now getting 134 Mbps. He said to monitor over next week or so to check whether speed detiorates (if it does he has run out of things to do). So fingers crossed...

Message 4 of 39

Hi Tom

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Fingers crossed...

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

Hi Tom,

Just a quick update to let you know that the appointment booking appears to have gone through OK 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

OK thanks. I've booked the engineer for - April 11 2023, PM - please let us know how you get on

(I'll check the appointment again tomorrow to confirm that it's gone through and been accepted OK)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Pm preferred, but am ok.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

OK thanks Tom, do you have a preference for AM or PM?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Chris,

Tomorrow is no good for me. Next possible time is next Tuesday (after Easter weekend).

Tom

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

OK, thanks, I'm sorry about this, I've had a look and it looks as though the appointment was cancelled, would you like me to rearrange the appointment for tomorrow if available

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Heard nothing at all

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry about this, have you heard anything since your post yesterday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Hi Chris,

I would love to report that all is finally ok, but no sign of any engineer this morning and no change to the speed to router.

The saga continues.....

Tom

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

OK, I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - April 04 2023, AM (8am-1pm)  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Thanks Chris,

Yes please, but not weds pm or Thursday this week.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

OK thanks. We can usually get an appointment for next working day or the working day after, do you want me to book the earliest appointment available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Thanks Chris,

Yes I confirm acceptance of potential charges and can provide availability at those times on most days.

Tom

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

OK, will do, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Hi Chris,

Please arrange an engineer. As the speed is 50 Mbps plus below the guaranteed minimum and has been for 3 months despite several chats to support, I think a proper investigation is needed.  Thanks 

Tom

0 Likes