cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Useless tech support for slow fibre 150

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Upgraded to fibre 150 in January with a guaranteed 110 Mbs download. Achieved guaranteed speed for a day or so then slowed. Tech support sent the openreach engineer back, he did something at the cabinet and speed back up for a few more days. Since then it has never achieved guaranteed speed (currently 60 Mbs to modem) despite three tech support chats (each repeating the same thing with no lasting improvement). I tried the complaint chat - two hours plus getting passed back and forth between tech support and others with no progress. How vdo I either get a fix, get downgraded to my previous cheaper (and equally fast) service or just plain cancel and go elsewhere (currently my favourite choice after recent experience)?

38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

OK thanks Tom. DLM has moved you to a slightly slower profile probably because there have been some disconnection. To investigate further we'll need to arrange another engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Hi,

So it is now over a week since the last fix and there is still no significant change to the speed to router (typically 69 Mbps, sometimes a bit slower). What is the next step in this long saga?

Tom

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Hi TomDa,

DLM is moving you to faster profiles, it changed your profile on the 24th, 25th and 28th. Hopefully it will continue to move you to faster line profile over the next few days but if it doesn't then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 39

Sorry about the typos. Weekend not wee, and just the usual not wanted he

0 Likes

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 25 of 39

Hi,

Unfortunately no improvement. Speed to router consistently 64 mbs over the last couple of days. The small rise you saw over the wee since the 'fix' seems to have been just wanted he usual variation from time to time. Did openreach actually do anything? Is it time to give up and go back to VDSL? It's now nearly 3 months and 4 or 5 fixes without providing anywhere near the guaranteed speed.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which is now clear and I can see that the sync speed has started to increase so hopefully DLM will continue to increase the speed over the next few days if the connection remains stable. There is also an update to advise that Openreach have resolved a fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Staff are not on here at weekends, @TomDa. I'm afraid that you won't get a response through the forum before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Hi Chris,

Yesterday I received two separate messages saying that following an engineer visit the fault had been resolved. No engineer visit and no change to the slow service. Can you confirm that this is still ongoing with openreach(and is there any predicted timescale for resolution).

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Regarding potential compensation it would be best to wait until the issue is resolved and then this can be discussed in our billing section. Apologies for any inconvenience

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Thanks Chris,

At least (finally!) the fault has been identified and I don't need to go through the support chat process again. I have to say that going through the forum and you has been a far better experience.

I just hope solution (which I realise is openreach and not  talktalk) comes soon.

As I have been recieving a sub standard service for two months (despite reporting on several occasions) what compensation/discount will I receive?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Thanks for that but it appears that the engineer visit isn't required at the moment as the fault has been identified. There appears to be a fault with the port in the PCP but there are no spare ports available at the moment. I'll check for further updates tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Pm for preference, but not important if only am available.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

OK thanks. Are you available all day on Friday? Do you have a preference for AM or PM?

Chris

0 Likes

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 34 of 39

Hi Chris,

Yes I confirm acceptance of the potential engineer charges. This week I am only available for a visit on Friday.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

Hi TomDa,

If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

TomDa
Participant
Private Message
Message 36 of 39

Thanks Chris - finally an acknowledgment that there is probably a line/openreach equipment fault! I have received a text and email from talktalk asking me  to follow a link to book an engineer visit. Unfortunately neither link takes me to a place where I can book a visit. There is an open fault (REP-12656441) opened today but with no status or history. Am I missing something?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

Hi TomDa,

Line test is picking up a potential issue so I've raised this to Openreach for investigation. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?