cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Very poor spread of wifi signal

fiona12345
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I'm on fibre 65 VOIP, I was upgraded late last year.

My problem is that I only get a decent wifi speed in the room where the router is. The signal doesn't transmit well to the other rooms in my property.

I've got a small flat, the router is where the cables come into my flat - in the hall. The hall is in the centre of the flat and all the rooms come off the hall. Nowhere in the flat is more than 6 metres from the router. Despite this I regularly get speeds of 1 or 2mb even when I'm only 3 or 4 metres from the router. It's dire.

I've had to buy a wifi extender to allow my desktop pc to connect.

I ran your connection test a couple of weeks ago and it said there was a fault. However I didn't get any messages to say it was resolved. I've run the connection test again now and again it says there is a fault.

I've checked and no-one else is using my wifi. My router was set-up and plugged in by the engineer who installed the fibre

Please can you help.

Fiona

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

If you still need help I can offer a lot of support with any WiFi issues. However, I do need to know the make/model of router that you have first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Fiona,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk