cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WIFI Hub Connected speed v actual speed

DStar
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi 

My WiFi hub is connected to BT network at 66MB but my connected speed on from Lan port to W10 laptop is 53MB with only device connected (for testing) , is this usual ? Seems quite a loss in speed.

Does anyone know latest version of firmware / hardware / software for the WIFI Hub ?

Many thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

No problem 🙂 Usually after a 30 minute router power down the throughput speeds should increase slightly. The current firmware for the Sagemcom wifi hub is V158 but we do have a newer version coming hopefully in April.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle

Thanks for testing it so quickly, much appreciated 🙂

I'll try that later.  Is there a possibility restarting after 30 mins could give me a slower session ?

Whats the latest version of firmware / hardware / software for the WIFI Hub ?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and I can see that the sync speed has increased slightly over the last week. The throughput speeds are usually around 80% of the sync speed. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speeds again please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes

DStar
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Michelle 

Profile updated thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

DStar
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle

It's wired Windows 10 laptop, just so I could eliminate WiFi interference causing speed reduction.  When tested it was the only device connected

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Morning,

I see, thanks for confirming. Is this speed test wired or wireless? Would you like us to check your connection stats for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

DStar
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle

Yes I'm a Talk Talk customer, sorry I meant connected to BT OpenReach managed network 

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, are you a TalkTalk or BT customer?

Thanks

0 Likes