cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WIFI works fine but phone won't connect

WuGang
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My phone won't connect to my home WIFI, but other devices can, i.e. my wife's phone, laptops, etc. with no issues. But for some reason, my phone has stopped connecting to it, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to connect. My phone's up-to-date, I've restarted it and my router several times, I've restarted my phone in safe mode, turned airplane on/off again, and reset the router. But these have not worked, my phone still says TalkTalk has no internet when everyone else is connected just fine. 

P.S. TalkTalk routers apparently update themselves so that can't be the issue. Also, my phone doesn't have an issue connecting the the WIFI at work. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi WuGang

Would you like me to send the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi WuGang

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a different router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

This will be picked up during the day, @WuGang.

Your router is a Huawei model. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 8

The device version is DG8041W-2.T5. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

My phone is a Moto e20, I don't know the model of the router I'm afraid, it's one TalkTalk sent out to me. I can access the login screen, I just don't know what I'm doing in there. How do I find out the router information, is it Device Version? If so, that is: DG8041W-2.T5.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi WuGang

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that @KeithFrench has offered his support. Which router do you have? (make and model)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

By the sound of this, your phone is connecting to the router. However, once connected it cannot access the internet. Can you browse to the router's login screen by entering 192.168.1.1 in the browser's address bar from this phone?

Please can you give me the make/model of TalkTalk router that you have as well as the make/model of your phone, so that I might be able to advise you on how to rectify this matter?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes