cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Woking from home - IT guys at the company aren't able to remote onto my laptop at all

ginnapp
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I just started a new remote job and IT support are trying to remote onto my work computer but the remote desktop platforms that have tried aren't connecting to the internet.

IT support said that it might be a security setting on my WIFI.

Is there any way to allow them to remote onto my work laptop? The laptop is 100% connected to the internet but the RDP that have been tried aren't detecting any internet connection.

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi ginnapp

That's great, thanks for letting us know. 

Debbie

0 Likes

ginnapp
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

This worked! thank you so much! Will make sure to turn it back on after they are done

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

If you log into MyAccount online, and look under your Homesafe settings, there is something called Scam control, turn this option off.

When on, it blocks remote desktop apps such as Teamviewer etc, so unscrupulous callers can't persuade some less experienced users to enable them to take control of their desktop and rummage around.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes