cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Web page not loading on WIFI (DNS cache issue?)

rwreglesworth
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I have just set up a new website on Wordpress, it is working find on mobile internet and on other wifi connections, I have also asked my hosting provider to test and it is working fine for them. But when I try and load it on my TalkTalk wifi it wont load. 

I've tried clearing cache, different browsers, incognito, turning the router off and on again but nothing is working and its really frustrating. 

I feel maybe changing DNS servers on the router might help but the Eero app wont let me. 

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on? Has there been any change?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 5

Propogation to the TalkTalk DNS servers for personal websites does seem to take a few days. So yes, patience in this regard is an option.

If the Custom DNS is still greyed out then that means not everything in relation to eero Secure is removed. Personal profiles must also be cleared of website filtering etc.

When all filtering is removed then a Custom DNS is possible.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your help! 

Ok so maybe I just need to wait a bit for them to propagate? I thought I would get an error though not infinite load which is odd. 

Interestingly when I turn off all the security in the eero app as you suggest, I still cant change the DNS servers, its still greyed out

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The DNS hasn't propagated through to the TalkTalk DNS servers yet.

If you wish to set a custom DNS on the eero app then you must switch off all eero Secure settings.

eero Secure not usedeero Secure not used

Select a Custom DNSSelect a Custom DNS

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes