cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Whit light but no internet connection

Jamwint71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 54

Hiya, my router has a solid white light but both my devices I use says no internet but they both connect ok! 
do I need a new router? 

James winter
0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 1 of 54

Hello again,

Apologies. I've asked the team for an update now and also passed over your availability if they need to contact you directly. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 54

Hi Michelle, I still haven’t heard anything. 
I’m off to bed at 1pm because I work nights. But they are more than welcome to contact me in the morning tomorrow 😃

James winter
0 Likes

Message 3 of 54

Aaahhhhhhh okey dokey no problem I sure will 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 4 of 54

Hi,

If you don't hear anything by 12pm today then please let me know here and I will chase this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 54

Goooooood morning. 
unfortunately not yet 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 6 of 54

Morning,

Have our team been in touch since my last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 54

Yes I’ll keep me fingers crossed & thank you once again 🙌👌💥🤩

James winter
0 Likes

Message 8 of 54

Hopefully the team can get to the bottom of this for you. I'll keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 54

Aaahhhhhh that’s awesome & thank you so much. 
even both the engineers said it’s all very strange. They had the same problem, both there laptops could connect to my router but there was no output from the router to the laptops. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 10 of 54

Hello again,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and I'll post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 54

Hiya Michelle. Still no joy. I had a TalkTalk engineer around on Friday afternoon, he couldn’t work out why I had no internet. 
Then an Openreach engineer came around on Saturday morning & he had no joy either. They seem to think it’s a PPP issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
When the chap came on Saturday he was on the phone to the TalkTalk call centre & they said the case will get referred to a call centre in Manchester as a top priority. But this will take 3-5 days to get in touch with me. I’ve no idea what this call centre in Manchester can do tbh. 
It’s now been 25 days with no internet & im still no nearer getting the issue resolved 😩

James winter
0 Likes

Message 12 of 54

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 54

Ah thank you Michelle & yes I sure will let you know. 
thank you also for your kind help, it really is very much appreciated 👌

James winter
0 Likes

Message 14 of 54

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 54

Hiya Michelle, 

still no change, Keith has been a great help & has said it’s probably internet interference. He has given me links to try and sort out why it’s happening but I’ve virtually got no data left on my phone to do the tasks. 
I’ve got an engineer coming to my property this Friday so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he can come up with a solution as it’s been 3 weeks now with no internet 😩

James winter
0 Likes

Message 16 of 54

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 54

Aaahhhhhhh that’s fab. With having no Wi-Fi I’m running really low on mobile data. I’ll try and do it asap 

James winter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 54

Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you. I will send a PM to you that contains a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference. It is quite long (about 30 pages), but you will probably only need to look at three or four pages in total. Initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This is the first link in the table of contents. This section includes full details of free Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Select the analyser of your choice & my guide explains how to use it.

If you are using Wi-Fi Scanner, then please attach the zip file to this thread. As soon as I have downloaded it, I will remove the attachment from your post, to preserve your privacy.

With all other analysers, please follow my instructions below.

Collect the screenshots that I require and include them in your reply.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please as they can be difficult to read, because the text can get out of focus when zoomed in. Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 54

Hiya, sorry for the late reply, I work night shifts & had already gone to bed. 
but yes that sounds great, I’m willing to try anything to sort the issue out. 
I’ve got an engineer coming out next Friday but if I can get it sorted before then, then happy days. 
thank you so much for your time & effort. I really do appreciate it. 

James winter
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 54

OK thanks for that, WiFi interference is the only thing I think now.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes