cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi Hub/Router Faulty Dropping Wifi Frequently

RicMill15
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi 

Been have Issues With wifi/internet Dropping frequently, Causing TalkTalk Tv to Reboot and our phones to keep disconnecting and connecting to internet 

Tried rebooting wifi hub/router (sagecom Fast 5364-3.TB) numerous times which has no effect but Line test seems to be ok 

Just getting very annoying especially when ur watch tv and it reboots due to wifi/internet drop

Seems a common issue

Wondering if or how i can get a new wifi Hub/router sent out to me ?

Kind Regards 

Richard

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Richard

How are you getting on, do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Hi @RicMill15 

@Debbie-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with your wireless issues.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364/5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 14

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply.

Our Community Star @KeithFrench provides really good advice on improving wireless performance.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Debbie

It wireless that is dropping i have no devices wired to router due to being on otherside of room to my tv and smart box 

kind regards 

Richard 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Richard

Apologies for this. Are any wired devices dropping connection or is this only affecting wireless?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Debbie 

sorry for late reply 

Given it a week to see how it is

Still getting abit of Dropping, Not as Bad as last router tho which was ridiculous 

Kind regards

Richard 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Richard

That's great 🙂

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Debbie

Received Router and installed it yesterday , So far connection is Good and had no Dropping of wifi so far

Hopefully Solved problem 🤞🏽

Thank you for your help 

Kind regards 

Richard 

Message 10 of 14

Hi Richard

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Debbie 

Sorry just seen ur message you sent yesterday

i have added our landline to Community Profile Now 

Kind Regards 

Richard 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Richard

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi @RicMill15 your post has been escalated but with the holiday weekend you may have to wait for Tuesday to hear further. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.