cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

tv set box keeps freezing and wi fi keeps droping out.

johnb201
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

had problem with wi fi keeps droping out and thought ill use my tv box for second time only for that to freeze twice in two hours, have had all lines checked to router and all was fine and i think my chanels keep changing.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

TalkTalk no longer issue these boxes, so your only option if you want a TV box is to negotiate one of the new 4K TV boxes.  Alternatively, you can call in and request any TV charge is removed from your account and any TV services.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

They gave me this box just over a year ago free on my 2 year contract so they must of known it wouldn't work, so I'm not paying until contract runs out. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

ITV X is not available on the Legacy Youview boxes as they will not support this app.  TalkTalk stopped providing these boxes a few years ago, so the box cannot be repaired or replaced.

You may be eligible for one of the new 4K TV Streaming boxes. If out of contract you will be asked to renew.  Also, TalkTalk Entertainment would be added to your package at £5 per month to cover the box rental and access to additional TV features and offers via My Account.

If this is something you would be interested in, give our teams a call and they can discuss options with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

The box has frozen again after reset also I can't get itv x. The box is only 18 months old with only one month use , it's going back into box as not fit for purpose. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if this helps.  If the box keeps freezing after this, then it may be starting to fail and reaching end of life.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

It's a Huawei  you view and wired direct to router, haven't used for months, have started using it again but just kept freezing all last night and had to switch it off. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

I've turned off optimisation to keep the wifi channels static, to see if this helps.

with regard to the TV box, which model do you have, and is this connected wired direct to the router, or over WiFi, or via powerline adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Sagemcom fast5364-3

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi John

What model router do you have ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes