cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connected but internet drops frequently

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

My broadband connection has been dropping frequently over the last few weeks and I have been lodging faults since getting through to anybody seems impossible.

The responses are unclear. I e minute it says We're unable to identify a fault on your line then

This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you

Come back from holiday and it can barely hold a connection for more than 10 minutes. Just as well it worked printing out boarding passes before I went but today has been hopelessly frustrating. Rebooting and unplugging has had no effect.

My connection has been reliable for many, many years but in the past month or so, it has been rubbish, to the point it's barely fit for purpose 

Regards 

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 1 of 45

Hi LuS1fer

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread to let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 45

The router did arrive but the engineer had suggested that it was the white part of the router that may be the issue and you sent the brown part. I did connect it up but the speeds were exactly the same and seem....fingers crossed....to be stable for the time being and the right speed, which i shall continue to monitor.

I have returned the router intact, today.

I suspect some of the satellite TV scrolling I am still getting may bethe transmitter or the Firestick though they work on Sky.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see if the router has arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 45

Hi LuS1fer

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 45

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

tramalan
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 45

You aren't the only one!!

sailorAl
0 Likes

Message 7 of 45

Hello,

No problem. I'll set a reminder to order the router around this date. We'll post back here once it's done.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 45

Yes but I am away on holiday 7 to 14 October. Can you schedule delivery just after the 14th. Many thanks.

Message 9 of 45

Hi,

Thank you. If the lights on the modem are steady but dropping on the router then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. Would you like to try this? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 45

White Openreach Gfast MT992 with theTalkTalk handbag on top.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 45

Hi,

Can I just confirm, which make and model of router do you currently have please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 45

There has only been one drop but that resolved itself quite quickly, during the day. Speed drop happened yesterday around 7.15pm. I do not have any wired devices and the only draw on the router, at the time, was the TV ( Firestick). The LAN light on the router was flickering, not constant, if that helps ( probably doesn't). The engineer said it might need replacing. It is the white one.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 45

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming. Does it seem to happen at certain times of the day or at random? When the speed does drop, does it also affect any wired devices?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 45

Hi. The connection has been reasonably stable. The speed is back to normal today so I am unclear why it drops to 70-80 for no apparent reason.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 45

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Is your connection still dropping?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 45

It's now back up to 138. FYI.

0 Likes

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 45

Hello again

I have recently had an engineer out on 28 October as speeds had dropped to around 74Mbps. He fitted a new wall socket and this restored speeds to around 140. He said he would recommend a new router as well.

Today, the speed has dropped again to around 80, less than the minimum 100 so can someone please advise why this is so slow again?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 45

Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit to look into this? If you would just let me know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 45

Back to dropping out more often than a basketball hoop.

Nothing moved or changes this end so it's definitely you.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 45

OK thanks, could you see how it goes for the rest of the day and bump the thread tomorrow and I'll run another line test.

Chris

0 Likes