cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connected but internet drops frequently

LuS1fer
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

My broadband connection has been dropping frequently over the last few weeks and I have been lodging faults since getting through to anybody seems impossible.

The responses are unclear. I e minute it says We're unable to identify a fault on your line then

This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you

Come back from holiday and it can barely hold a connection for more than 10 minutes. Just as well it worked printing out boarding passes before I went but today has been hopelessly frustrating. Rebooting and unplugging has had no effect.

My connection has been reliable for many, many years but in the past month or so, it has been rubbish, to the point it's barely fit for purpose 

Regards 

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 21 of 45

Certainly better though streaming was a little slow this morning.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 45

Hi LuS1fer,

DLM changed the profile in the early hours of this morning and connection appears to have been stable since, how as it been at your end so far this morning?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 45

That was a a nice long holiday! I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 45

Here we go agai. Same old fault, dropping the connection repeatedly for the past two days. The TalkTalk Fibre 150 service seems worse than it ever has been in the past. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 45

Hi

OK, no problem, just message us here when ready.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 45

I'm a little concerned that by the time the engineer arrives, it will be performing as it should and I get billed £75. So I'll wait until I get back off holiday and see if your service is any better. If not,there are other options.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 45

Hi LuS1fer,

Yes, we can arrange an engineer to investigate as I've offered too.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 45

I am puzzled. The internet has worked almost faultlessly until recently and nothing has changed and the equipment has not been touched. It reconnects without any problem and works until the internet drops out again. I reattached my old router and got exactly the same result, a red light on the internet. You have accepted that there have been dropouts and the speed seems low so shouldn't you be fixing it?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 45

OK, If you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 45

Yes please although I am away from 17th to 21st July.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 45

Yes please although I am away from Monday 17th to 21st July.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 45

Hi LuS1fer,

I can see that there have been some disconnections and the speed is low too, would you like us to book an engineer to investigate?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 45

Staff will have finished for today, but they should be back on here first thing tomorrow. They needed the details even to get started identifying your account. 

Had asked you to put them in your profile way back at the beginning of this thread!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 34 of 45

Still dropping out today. No response so far.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 45

Hi LuS1fer,

Can you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 45

Re-escalating this for you, @LuS1fer. Staff will follow up during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 37 of 45

Right, this is getting to be unacceptable. Over the past two days, the internet has dropped out repeatedly. It's been fine for a few weeks but now we're back to drops and slow speeds.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 45

OK.  Keep an eye on things, and if it starts to drop I'll get the engineer booked.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 45

I'll see how it goes but given how long it has been happening, I'm not overly optimistic. 😉

0 Likes

Message 40 of 45

Hi

ok, if the drops continue then the next option is to progress to an engineer.

Would you like to see if the connection remains stable over the course of the day and arrange an engineer if it starts to drop, or progress to an engineer now.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes