cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

4 Lights on Modem, No Internet Connection

OwenClark
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Had installation (Fibre 150) done yesterday, engineer promised me it would work in 45 mins or so. 8 frustrating and 3 calls to support later nothing. Just endlessly "turn it off, wait 30 mins turn it on"; does nothing.

Connected via laptop, no IPs no internet. Connected another known, working router instead of the eero, nothing, eero also does nothing.

Can't seem to talk to anyone who actually knows anything. Does this platform actually work at all?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. If you do need any assistance then please can you create your own topic and we can look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Owen,

Thank you for the info. Finally last night after endless diagnosing, Talk Talk have escalated the issue with CityFiber. Hopefully I do have the same issue and they will enable my account.

I was hoping Chris may have helped me but fingers crossed I might be sorted now.

Olly
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Olly for me it wasn't a technical issue, what I was waiting for was CityFibre to enable the account. After I got it escalted and they talked to City Fibre, I got an another email from TalkTalk saying my line was activated (even though I had already been told it was and would be live 48 hours earlier). I turned everything off, left it off for 1/2 an hour then brought it back up and everything has been fine since. I think there are some issues with City Fibre and Talktalk's communication for new customers so the connection isn't "live" as quickly as we get old it will be. 

Good news is once it is working it seems to be just fine, just left me with a janky start to my experience with Talktalk. Try and get hold of someone at the UK customer service they seem to be more able to resolve issues I spent a lot of people time talking to the off short guys and while they tried hard, I got nowhere with them.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Chris, I am having the same issue as Owen, been two days now and still no resolution. I am currently on another 2 hour call. Are you able to help me get connected?

Olly
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi, I have the exact same issue. Been on a call with Tech support for two hours and no finding a conclusion. Have had to Pause Diagnostics until I have some more time. Are you able to help me?

Olly
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

That's great news Owen, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

No need, I got through to someone on Talktalk support based in the UK late yesterday afternoon who escalated it to City Fibre, it was resolved about 2 hours later and is working now.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Owen,

Could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

Although I don't have an Eero, from all I have seen, I totally agree with @mrwrighty that the Hub 2 is the best.

I will pass this back to TalkTalk now & hopefully they'll pick this up soon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I have added a phone number and my email is there, Talktalk have not sent me an account number yet so there's not much more I can add.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hub 2 is far superior to the Eero. Fully Web GUI, Wifi control, more ethernet ports. The Eero is basic and can only be used via the App.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi @OwenClark 

Have you completed your Community Profile as I & @Michelle-TalkTalk have already requested? They can't do anything to help you, as there is no other way to link your Community username to your Future Fibre account.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

OwenClark
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 18

The fibre looks to be working correctly but I never get an IP it looks like City Fibre needs to activate it. Repeated calls to support do nothing it seems the only advice they give is to turn it off, wait 30 mins and turn it on. I get that over and over. I've updated my profile to include a phone number. So far they've sad they want to send me another router (Hub 2, seems to be a downgrade from the eero). I don't see how this will solve it given the problem is there is no external IP.

fibre-installl.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi @mrwrighty 

So there is yet another variant of the ONT. It is the first time I have seen yours & obviously, they should all be green. I think the OP needs to state exactly which lights are on & what colour they are.

Keith

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

@KeithFrench is 4 lights on the ONT an indication of a problem. My CityFibre has 4 green lights on the ONT  and the service is good. Maybe the colour of the lights or if they are off would indicate a problem. perhaps the OP needs to confirm the light colours.

ONTONT

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

With four lights on the ONT, this must include to Error, Alarm or LOS light (depending on which ONT you have. This is most definitely a TalkTalk/fibre issue. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith