cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

4 minute drop outs

Rowan88
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

I have noticed in the past 3-4 days something has been off with my FTTP 900.

Basically its as if the internet has dropped but not enough to disconnect me.

I noticed it when playing LIVE videos on Twitch or streaming. It would freeze but if I reloaded or backed out and in it worked fine. Also on Youtube sometimes the thumbnails would go missing which also raised suspicion. I tried all the troubleshooting steps like resetting the ONT and Eero Pro 6 and also trying wired vs wireless but all have the same issue.

I tried the Line Test in My Account and it shows there is an issue and it raised a ticket but after speaking with support it doesn't sound like they understand what my issue is, they only see it as internet working or not etc.

Tonight I manage to attempt a test and streaming a live video at high bitrate so it wouldn't have much time to pre-load the information would run for 4 minutes (give or take 20secs) then freeze. This confirmed to me that there is an issue. If I run speed tests I get 950 down/up so the speed is fine.

I spoke with my neighbour who has the same package as me and he ran the line test and got the same issue.

I asked support when I would hear from the engineer (1 day, 1 week, 1 month etc) but they couldn't tell me. I work from home so having a stable internet is vital.

Is there anything anyone here can help me with this issue or check TalkTalk's side of things?

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20