cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 500 only getting 0.25Mbps Down

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Morning all,

Hope everyone is well.

Previous supplier cancellation date - 25/01/2023

Average speed - 500Mbps (every time I checked)

Talk Talk Fibre 500 -  Go live date - 26/01/2023

Max Download speed achieved - 0.25Mbps (router has never reported anything other than 0Mbps)

Max Upload speed - 1Mbps (as reported on router)

I tried reaching out through chat to see if I can get any help but found it a pretty frustrating and what felt like a very scripted experience.

Chat advised me this was a result of the settling period, I'd argue that I've never had this experience in a 'settling' period in 15 years and being 2000th of the speed is just broke.

Lights on the modem are fine. I've tried resetting the eero router with the same result.

I've tried turning the devices off for a period of 30 minutes and turning back on, again the same result.

Such a frustrating experience to have gone from a brilliant experience with another provider to paying for a product that essentially doesn't exist so far.

In checking my account I can see it has now come up with a fault stating - REP-12436455.

Does this number reference anything specific?

Any help or advice would be great.

Kind regards

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

That's great news. it looks as though there was a problem with the initial order as a new order has been placed with Openreach which seems to have resolved the problem. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 20

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to report that the issue has now been resolved. Thank you to everyone for the help.

Out of my own curiosity and want for knowledge on how it all works, do you know what the actual issue was, please?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Thanks for the information. It does look as though something is set up incorrectly but I don't really know what the issue is. It not as though you've been put on the wrong package as the speed doesn't corrispond to any package available. I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris 

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Thanks for the update and support so far Chris,

Just also wanted to further update on a conversation I had in chat yesterday while I was posting here.

I actually tried to end that chat due to your reply but the person was insistent in wanting to try help, which was nice.

The person in chat confirmed that when reviewing my package it had not been set up correctly in the back-end.

'Upon thoroughly checking our system, I can see here your line speed is not updated to fibre500 package. What I can do is to reach out back-end team to remodify the line speed to fibre500 package'

On the back of this they also confirmed the below for me:

'I successfully reach out back-end team to work on the speed of your package and they inform me that this will be sorted out within 24hours.'

Again, appreciate your help and assistance so far. Hoping in the next couple of hours the situation is resolved now.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi smoles47,

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm passing it back to our Future Fibre team. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

I'll check the engineer report and pass it back to our Future Fibre team. If there's a problem with the ordered speed then it may need to go to our provisioning team but I'll check this tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

Thanks Chris,

Whats next steps after this, please?

Realise it depends on the report being sent.

Genuinely think the engineer seemed confused between Kbps and Mbps which isn't going to help

Kept on saying I'm getting 300 so it looks like your only maybe getting the 300 package.

He kept referencing this to Mbps when the reports where showing it in Kbps.

Tried to explain several times but he wasn't having it.

Was really confused when I was telling him I'm struggling to load websites.

Will I look for a reply here or will someone be in touch via phone?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Thanks for the update. We've not received the engineer report yet so we'll take a look at it tomorrow

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 20

Afternoon all,

I can confirm the engineer has now visited my premises and after testing several things he confirmed the connection to the house is fine.

He tested the router and the light source which he said came in at around -17 (not sure what that means but he advised it was good).

His best guess was the package actually set up has been done incorrectly.

Anyone got any further advice as to next steps?

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Thanks for  that. I've asked our Future Fibre team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Thanks Chris,

I have now added the information to the private notes section.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

OK, thanks for trying. Could you add your order number or account number to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 20

Hello,

Have left for 40 minutes, turned back on, same result sadly.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20
0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 20

Thanks Chris,

I have previously tried this. I will give it a shot again and come back to you all with results at around 11:30.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Thanks for trying. Just to confirm, did you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes? If not then could you give this a try and then retest

Chris

0 Likes

smoles47
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Good morning,

I had not checked this, didn't actually realise I could, that was a good shout thank you.

I have just done it with the following results.

Download - 0.44Mbps

Upload - 0.46Mbps.

So I guess from that the router is fine and it is the fibre itself.

Thank you

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi smoles47,

If possible could you try Keith's suggestion and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Have you tried running a speed test via a wired PC connected to the ONT in place of your Eero? This should prove if the problem is with the fibre or a router/device issue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?