cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

5GHz not visable on any device even though switched on and visable in router settings

Iandswift
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I had to restore my FAST5364 3.00 to try and resolve an issue with MS Teams and Teamviewer. I didn'st solve my issue but I now can see the 5GHz channel from any device.  In the router settings it is enabled and visible and yet still cannot be seen by any device. I have tried changing the channel from auto to 48 but it still can't be seen.  I did also try enabling the 5GHz guest network and then both became visible for a while but they are now not visible.

Would the software version have been taken back to an older version during the reset to factory settings?  It is currently showing version SG4K100158.

Can you please let me know how to get the 5Ghz network back please, many thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

If you are using TalkTalk DNS and you have scam protection enabled then of course it will affect services. By using a third party DNS service you bypass all of TalkTalks security features attached to your account.

0 Likes

Iandswift
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I too just upgraded to Full Fibre. With a bit more investigation have changed the DNS to Google in the router settings and it fixed it straight away. Seems Talktalk now block any Teamviewer access through their DNS.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

You do the factory default either from the pin reset button or under the maintenance section in the GUI.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

OK Make sure Scam Protection is off specifically on your account. When I got upgraded to FTTP this got turned on by default and stopped remote access software.

The error is because you cannot establish a secure connection to the website.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

All 5GHz devices support channels 36 to 48, but not all of them support channels 52 & upwards. They are allowed to, but they need extra circuitry within them to do so. The team viewer sounds like the SCAM Protection is enabled in Homesafe.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks Keith.  Although after switching to channel 44 it seems to be working but how do I do a factory default of the configuration if the current fix doesn't last?

0 Likes

Iandswift
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Sorry, typo, should have read can't see the 5GHz channel.  I have just changed the 5GHz channel to 44 and it's become visable on all my devices, not sure if this is just a coincedence or not but currently working.

Teamviewer worked fine for years but now I can't even access any page on their website or use their app.  All my TT security is switched off.  I have checked my BitDefender settings and no blocks there.  If i try and access any Teamviewer web page I get the below and if I load their app it says I'm not connected to the internet.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.teamviewer.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Your question contradicts itself, first you say: -

I had to restore my FAST5364 3.00 to try and resolve an issue with MS Teams and Teamviewer. I didn'st solve my issue but I now can see the 5GHz channel from any device. 

Then you say: -

In the router settings it is enabled and visible and yet still cannot be seen by any device. 

So which is it can you see them or not.

Teamviewer could be blocked by Spam protection from TalkTalk, make sure its off under your TT account settings, Whist MSTeams should not be an issue.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

No, the firmware version is unaffected by the factory restore. If you disable either band there is a bug in V158, the only way to get it back is to do a factor default of the configuration.

Keith

0 Likes