cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Blink Cameras on eero guest network

Sailplanebob1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, Previously used an ASUS router to run a Blink Camera system on the Guest Network.

Upgraded my contract and received the eero 6 with FF150.  Everything is working fine apart from the Blink system that will not run on the Guest network. However it works perfectly on the Main NW

When installed on the Guest NW the app shows the Sync module and Cameras as connected and they respond to Movement but their are no notifications generated to the phone or clips stored on the Sync module flash drive. Im assuming that there are more restrictions applied to the Guest Network which prevent this working which I can't investigate as the app is limited in what you can view or change.

If anyone on the forum has succesfully installed the Blink Cameras on an eero Guest network could you just reply and let me know, Conversely if you have tried and failed it would also save me going down a rat hole for several hours,

I find it odd that it doesn't work as both products are from Amazon and common practice is to keep the Cameras seperate from the normal Lan. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Finally found the answer.

Two problems.

1. Blink system failed when switching network to eero Guest network with  "Incorrect Password" message returned when connecting to Blink servers. This refers to the Guest wifi ssid Pwd. Which in my case was correct.

2. I tried a second sync module, that didnt exhibit the problem above and connected perfectly. This failed to store any clips to the connected Flash drive.

Both issues were not apparent when using the main wifi network. That worked perfectly.

Both these issues were corrected by a F/W update.  My blink app had no f/w update link either auto or manual and I struggled to find the process anywhere.

F/w is updated by pressing the reset button on the Sync module and then plugging the micro USB power plug into the

unit. The red light starts to flash repeatedly after which you can release the button and let it do the f/w update before it returns the

steady green and flashing blue light that you need to start the wifi ssid change process.

Note eero support suggested putting the eero6 into legacy mode and disabling 5g temporarily.

to do this ....

On the eero app go into settings.

Troubleshooting

click my device wont connect

click my device is 2.4g only and Temp pause 5g

click my device cant detect wifi 6 and enable Legacy mode for the duration of the wifi change process.

I dont think either of these are actually necessary if the f/w is updated but worth doing for best practice.

Follow the Blink change wifi process and all should be good.

Hopefully this will save you the time I spent talking to eero and Blink support before I stumbled onto the solution

in the Blink community pages.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Sailplanebob1 

Sorry @Michelle-TalkTalk but not having the Eero or this CCTV, my help would only be generic. Is there something with Amazon Secure that could be blocking the functionality?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Sailplanebob1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Michelle, I have logged a call with Eero asking if its supported. Will update when I get a reply.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you'd be able to offer any advice on please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes