cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How soon should there be three blue lights on the DVA box?

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 99 of 99

The engineer completed my 150 fibre connection this morning, he had not seen a Eero router before and was not familiar with the DVA box. I have seen in a couple of places the phone can take an hour to work.

It is now over five hours and there are still just two blue lights on the DVA and no phone. I have disconnected the DVA checked the connections and pressed the reset button. The box is connected as per the quick set up guide. The three blue lights flash on when the box is powered up but only the power and internet lights stay on. There are two lights on the back of the box, one is green and flashes as if data is passing the other is a constant amber colour. If I pick up the phone and press the green button on the phone there is a dialling tone, if I then dial a number as I get towards the end of the number there is what sounds like a rapid engaged tone, also whilst the dialling tone is heard the blue phone light on the DVA flashes.

The up and down speeds are fluctuating which I assume is normal until the connection settles, at one stage the upload speed was 6. The engineer was looking at his phone to check the installation and asked me what release phoneline might be.

If I look in my account it still only shows my previous contract which has expired and not the new one that should have started a couple of days before the expiry. 

0 Likes
98 REPLIES 98

Message 1 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm so happy to read this 🙂

Thanks for your patience in getting this issue resolved and my apologies again for the issues you experienced.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  The returns bag has been delivered. The Hub2 is working beautifully plus the phone is behaving. The two additional hardwired routers from an on line retailer are repeating the SSID and wifi around the house meaning I have a seamless mesh system and all is well.

A big thank you to you and your colleagues for all your help through this lengthy process.

zebidee88_0-1705768883560.png

Message 3 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Thank you for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 99

Bagged up and sent off this morning, one Eero in original box with leads and paperwork, one DVA in original box with leads and paperwork, one still boxed and unopened HUB2 duplicated delivery. Quite a bulky heavy load for one bag so I re-enforced the corners as much as possible.

zebidee88_0-1705503407551.png

Message 5 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm so glad to hear that the returns bag has arrived and that the hub2 is still working ok.

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 99

The bag arrived this afternoon I will try and get into town and send the items back in the next few days.

The Hub2 has been problem free so far, a much better device than the Eero.

Message 7 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm really sorry for the delays.

I've checked again and there is now another message from our Warehouse Team to advise - Returns Bag has been dispatched on 2024-01-12.

You should hopefully receive this today.

Message 8 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  The postman has been and gone but no returns bag, 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I've checked again and it advises it's been sent, if you haven't received this by tomorrow afternoon then I will need to escalate this again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk no still nothing and other post is getting through

0 Likes

Message 11 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Have you received the returns bag?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 99

Hi zebidee88

This should just be in regards to the returns bag being sent, we have not made any other changes.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 99

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk   I will return the items as soon as the bag arrives. Slightly worrying I got this just under an hour ago, and apart from the return bag I have not requested any changes, three months on I hope it is just because of the return bag..

zebidee88_0-1704469413324.png

0 Likes

Message 14 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Apologies, I've ordered another returns bag, I will check in again with you on Wednesday to see if you have received this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 99

No sign of a return bag yet and today's post has been and gone, are you able to see if one has been sent and if not possibly send me one before I get threats of charges for non return of equipment? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 99

Jess phoned as promised. The broadband is stable, the phone although not used very much has not had any adverse comments from those who called. Jess is going to send me a returns bag. The Hub2 is a much better device than the Eero, and to a certain degree is configurable by the end user which s good as it to went up t channel 153 on 5hz but is now remaining on channel 36 achieved through the device settings.

Message 18 of 99

Hi zebidee88

oh great 🙂 Hopefully everything will then be fully resolved for you.

If there is anything else we can help with then please let us know.

Hope you have a lovely New Year 🙂

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 19 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  Jess is due to call between 10.00 and 12.00 tomorrow (Friday)

Message 20 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Thanks for your reply.

When is my colleague Jess due to contact you again?

0 Likes