cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How soon should there be three blue lights on the DVA box?

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 99 of 99

The engineer completed my 150 fibre connection this morning, he had not seen a Eero router before and was not familiar with the DVA box. I have seen in a couple of places the phone can take an hour to work.

It is now over five hours and there are still just two blue lights on the DVA and no phone. I have disconnected the DVA checked the connections and pressed the reset button. The box is connected as per the quick set up guide. The three blue lights flash on when the box is powered up but only the power and internet lights stay on. There are two lights on the back of the box, one is green and flashes as if data is passing the other is a constant amber colour. If I pick up the phone and press the green button on the phone there is a dialling tone, if I then dial a number as I get towards the end of the number there is what sounds like a rapid engaged tone, also whilst the dialling tone is heard the blue phone light on the DVA flashes.

The up and down speeds are fluctuating which I assume is normal until the connection settles, at one stage the upload speed was 6. The engineer was looking at his phone to check the installation and asked me what release phoneline might be.

If I look in my account it still only shows my previous contract which has expired and not the new one that should have started a couple of days before the expiry. 

0 Likes
98 REPLIES 98

Message 61 of 99

Good afternoon,

Can I just confirm, is this still happening since your last post please as our Devices Manager has asked us to retest again?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 62 of 99

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've passed this back to our Devices Manager now and I will post back as soon as I receive a further update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 63 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  It was 155 when I brought it to your attention and since the attempted correction dropped to 153. Whether it dropped from 155 to 153 as a result of intervention I don't know, but since reaching 155 this is the lowest it has been.

zebidee88_1-1700662032204.png

0 Likes

Message 64 of 99

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did this change to a lower wireless channel yesterday and has gone back up again?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 65 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  Even after an hour of disconnection still on a very high channel. The Eero has dropped from 155 to 153, but most devices cannot see it even with a usb dongle. So at present due to lack of input/output sockets on the Eero, having to use a switchbox and an ethernet cable to a router set as a repeater on a lower 5hz channel (120).

0 Likes

Message 66 of 99
0 Likes

Message 67 of 99

Thank you @Michelle-TalkTalk , the test DVA and old router were delivered this morning so fingers crossed all should be well now.

zebidee88_0-1700571228690.png

0 Likes

Message 68 of 99

Good afternoon,

This should now be resolved. Please let us know how your wireless connection compares over the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 69 of 99

Hi zebidee88,

I've just chased the team for an update on this now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 70 of 99

No problem. I'll post back as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 71 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  Thanks for that, at present I have an ethernet cable from a switch box running to the opposite end of the house. This is connected to a router which is being used as a signal repeater on a lower channel which works but is not ideal. The Eero also does not have such good coverage as a Hub which was a cash purchase from TT, so the hub will probably be a permanent feature to reduce not spots.

0 Likes

Message 72 of 99

Morning,

I've raised the eero/wireless issue straight to our Devices Manager to request that eero apply the fix for this. I will post back to confirm once this is resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 73 of 99

Hi zebidee88,

Yes you can return the DVA in the same bag if it will fit.

I'll find out about the 155 issue and get back to you.

Chris

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 74 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk   Just when you thought it was safe, me again!

The replacement DVA has just arrived which as the problem turned out be be elsewhere is not required. There is no return label or bag, would it confuse things if I sent it back in the same bag as my old router? I opened the delivery bag carefully and the DVA box is unopened, I could put a large note on it saying it is not a used return.

Also my Eero started on channel 48 and has marched up to channel 155 which means I am having to use cables with several devices, will the fix correcting that be rolled out or do I need to request it?

0 Likes

Message 75 of 99

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear that the VOIP service is now working 🙂 It's possible that the replacement may still turn up but there should also be a returns bag included. I will also let my colleague on the Faults Escalation team know that this is now working for you.

Thank you for your kind comments and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 76 of 99

hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  I have just powered everything down reset and powered up again and the phone is now working. Could you please let the person who phoned me earlier today know that I no longer need a replacement Grandstream box or escalating to provisioning. She was the complete opposite of the person I had to endure on the 0845 number yesterday.

People often refer to a retention department on a phone number, as far as I am concerned the retention department are the staff on this forum, many thanks for all your time and help.

0 Likes

Message 77 of 99

Hi zebidee88

The Incident Michelle referred to earlier, we believe is now resolved.

We are not sure if you are definitely affected by this incident but could you wait for 1 hour and then reboot the DVA and retest to see if you can connect?

0 Likes

Message 78 of 99

Just a thought, when setting up the Eero it asked if I wanted it associated with my Amazon account which I accepted. I doubt if that makes any difference as the problem is still the same when bypassing the Eero and plugging the Grandstream straight into the ONT.

0 Likes

Message 79 of 99

Hello,

Thank you for the update. They have also just contacted me too.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 80 of 99

I have just had a call from the person at TT who called me yesterday, ironically they called me on the landline number that doesn't work, but I picked it up via the app and a mobile phone.

They are passing the fault on to provisioning and will call me again next Thursday, they said they would also send me another Grandstream, if it does not cure the problem I will send it back. 

0 Likes