cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre intermittent service Causing many problems

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Before the recent holidays and afterwards, I have reported the intermittent WiFi connection. This drop in service affects several meters which rely on a constant service. Additionally, the catch up facility on the tv system becomes unavailable. As an ongoing problem the caller identity service on incoming calls has again failed! This problem was reported back in November, fixed in December and has again failed and was reported to an agent last week.

at that time I spent well over 2 hours of trying fixes etc, from turn off and on, use the factory reset which brought about a temporary fix. I was on the online help this morning for  nearly an hour when the signal went and I was cut off!

i am now at my wits end, and the only resolution appears to be to turn the router (hub 2) off and on to retire service.....but it knocks other connected items off and I have to restore them, all taking a long time, which in some cases is only a few minutes service.

any help?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hello,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Morning,

Thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 34

the latest news follows a phone call from the case management team. They have managed to order a replacement router to enable me to test and possibly solve this long ongoing problem.

i will await delivery and the opportunity to try! Update when this happens

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

I'm sorry for the delay. The problem is that the eero is specified for your current package, not the wifi hub 2, so we have no option to send a replacement wifi hub 2 via the normal route. Debbie raised an escalation to have the wifi hub 2 sent but unfortunately there is still no indication that this has been actioned. I'll escalate this again but could you add your full address to the private notes section your community profile and I'll make sure we have the correct details

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 34

the past few days my telephone has had further problems. In the latest, as well as no caller ID being displayed, when answering the call, I have been unable to be heard , which has led to the caller ( who remains unknown) hanging up.

this is a wonderful service??

the case manager contacted me as promised today, and fortunately he was able to reconnect the voice element.

i was also informed of the following:

All internal sections of my whole telephone system have been reset as has taken place over the past few days. However, he and his colleagues are convinced that the only item not changed has been the Router.

i have explained to them that the Community responders have promised to forward a replacement, from last Tuesday, and although I have been advised, no information ,or explanation has been offered for the delay.

obviously the work of the case management cannot proceed without the testing of a replacement Router.

this leaves me in a position of limbo, being stuck between two parts of the TalkTalk empire!

As mentioned in previous messages....THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE NOVEMBER,

is this the best that you can do?

i am full of praise for the Case Management team, but I understand that their hands are tied by the bureaucracy of your organisation.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi MrA4d,

I'm sorry that the router is taking so long to be delivered. It has been ordered but I can't see any indication that it's been dispatched yet. I'll check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 34

please note that the other team have been trying to help. They suggested that I connected the replacement router! However, I had to report that no replacement was ever sent! They suggested waiting a day or so for its delivery, but alas nothing came. The fault with the caller identity is still active, but my hands are tied due to the lack of replacement router which you promised over a week ago?

I have a call back for tomorrow, Tuesday in the afternoon.

any comments?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've passed this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 34

i have noticed that my caller identity for outgoing and incoming calls is again NOT working.

i do need this service, as callers are not listed, and we might be missing important health appointment calls.

This part of the service has been intermittent since first reported in October, November and December, and was subject to a formal complaint at the timed! 

Please restore.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi MrA4d

Thanks for the additional information.  It may be worth keeping hold of the replacement router for a week just in case this fault does occur again.

Debbie

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 34

hi Michelle, thank you .

as stated I am now certain that the replacement router is no longer required and will be returned as soon as received. 

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know how you get on when this arrives.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 34

urgent update.

please note that after so much frustration, I disconnected all devices attached to the router. Reset all and slowly reattached all cables, having tested the service at each level. All went well until I attached the Ethernet cable via an extender to the TalkTalk tv box, when all went awry again.

Thus I disconnected this part of my setup and normal service was resumed. I can only assume that my extender  was causing the problem? I am in the process of obtaining my tv box via the WiFi and not an extender?

i am writing this admission so should anyone else have the same or similar problems to me, examine their wif extenders carefully!

As soon as the replacement Hub 2 arrives I will return it as new! 

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi MrA4d

Thanks for your reply.

I've requested that a Hub2 router is sent, please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 34

long story! I have the HUB 2 and always have since my full fibre went live. For some reason only your end can answer I have received 2 Eero  since and returned both , the same day as received?

so no to the EERO , the HUB 2 , which worked very well for about 5 months!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi MrA4d

Just before I order the router, did you previously have the eero?

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 34

thank you for that suggestion I would gladly accept!

if the alternative hub 2 offers the same problems then I would seriously consider the offer made by Mr French.

i await further information.

Message 18 of 34

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 34

Hi @MrA4d 

As I have said before, slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

I have sent you my guide and as I pointed out, you do not need anything like computing qualifications, you just need to be able to read.

All instructions are in my guide. You just have to install some free software & follow my guide on how to use it. Then you just send me some screenshots & I do the difficult stuff for you. If you don't want to try it, or get someone to help you, then sorry, but I can't offer you any more help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 34

the past few days have proven to be disappointing for the Hub 2. Internet connected TVs have constantly been disconnecting. Additionally iPads continually disconnecting together with other WiFi connections. Frustration led to rebooting many times and often without any success!

very disjointed service! Especially having first reporting problems via TalkTalk agents weeks ago, and still no resolution.....that is apart from reboot, or turn everything off for 30 minutes?

0 Likes