cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre intermittent service Causing many problems

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Before the recent holidays and afterwards, I have reported the intermittent WiFi connection. This drop in service affects several meters which rely on a constant service. Additionally, the catch up facility on the tv system becomes unavailable. As an ongoing problem the caller identity service on incoming calls has again failed! This problem was reported back in November, fixed in December and has again failed and was reported to an agent last week.

at that time I spent well over 2 hours of trying fixes etc, from turn off and on, use the factory reset which brought about a temporary fix. I was on the online help this morning for  nearly an hour when the signal went and I was cut off!

i am now at my wits end, and the only resolution appears to be to turn the router (hub 2) off and on to retire service.....but it knocks other connected items off and I have to restore them, all taking a long time, which in some cases is only a few minutes service.

any help?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 34

Hi @MrA4d I am sure that TalkTalk will offer to send you a replacement router for testing purposes FOC after the weekend.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 34

Good suggestion! And prey tell me where I get another router from?  Do I go out and buy one?

sensible suggestions please. I do not have a garage full of routers waiting on shelves in case? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Thanks for  checking. Have you tested with a different router?

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 34

In the past 24 hours the WiFi remained stable that is until in the early hours,. The WiFi closed down intermittently during the night. During 5hese times I was inable to monitor the lights as requested. However, during this mornings outages, I could not observe any difference with the lights either on the router or the OTW !

when I have to ensure my service I have to reboot the router to restart services. 

Obviously when it has been off and on in the night, it would appear to return without intervention.

i await your next suggestions?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34
0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 34

Chris, 

I have undertaken your instructions and will now await and evaluate! From some of my listed down time you will note that some of the downtime is early AM . I will monitor.

my caller identity appears to have been  reinstated, which is essential for us. Again we will monitor.

tank you

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

OK thanks. Could you switch the ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If the disconnections continue after this, if possible, could you check the lights on the router and ONT to see if they change when the Internet connection drops

Chris

0 Likes

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 34

Thank you Chris for your response.

if I could offer you the following know factors from the past two days?

off-line

today- 5.30 1hr

6.30-on briefly then off for 30 minutes

8- 9 off for 1 hour

10.30 half an hour

yesterday:

4-6 am

6.30 TIL 8.30

9-930

11-12

sorry as you can see I am not around to look at the light and didn’t know that I should. As far as I can remember the light doesn’t alter!

i cannot answer the further question, but various systems do appear to shut down, and I have to restart them.

if I can now answer Keith’s sympathetic offer of help! I am not a mind reader to your technical questions!

and as for my sight! I am awaiting cataract operations at present to help me to be able to read better!

however when you started on about 2g etc.......you lost me! 

I have had to wait for over an hour to log in?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

OK thanks. Line test is passing. Have you noticed if the light changes on the router when the connection drops? Do you seem to lose connection on all devices at the same time?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 34

You do not need anything like computing qualifications, you just need to be able to read.

All instructions are in my guide. You just have to install some free software & follow my guide on how to use it. Then you just send me some screenshots & I do the difficult stuff for you. If you don't want to try it, then sorry, but I can't offer you any more help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

MrA4d
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 34

as said I have the black hub 2 router (last paragraph).

thank you Keith for your response, but I do not possess even ‘o’ level computing, so your suggestions are way over my head or abilities. The light is the white one, but my various connections displays drop out throughout the day and night.

as for the different bands????? I know where the on / off button is?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 34

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hi MrA4d,

Do you have the wifi hub 2, or eero and grandstream digital voice adapter?

Chris

0 Likes