cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Can't access "my security"

Chanic
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I've been trying for several days now to update homework/kids settings so I can control my children's internet usage.

I'm getting this error message:

"This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in service.talktalk.co.ukaccount.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

I've been on the phone twice and also had an online chat with the tech team, to no avail. I'm being fobbed off, given a different answer each time. Clear cache, wait 24 hrs, problem with the website etc.

I've seen other posts, and this seems to be affecting lots of customers. Please can you sort it out. Security settings are important!

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Jordan73, we still have an open incident for this issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jordan73
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Same here. Last night I couldn't even login. Tonight the Security page doesn't load... error message 

0 Likes

Jordan73
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 16

I can't access My Security settings. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Captainbacon, this is still with the developers and I've had no update although I chased it on Friday. I will chase it again this morning. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

I don't use their Security facility, @Captainbacon, so can't help, sorry!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 are you seeing the same DNS error?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Staff won't be back on here until Monday, @Captainbacon.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I'm getting the same DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN when trying to access My Security from dashboard. Please can you provide an update?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

I'm still waiting for updates on this. The incident is still open.

Ady

0 Likes

Andrzej2024
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

I am also having the same problem, and have been trying to access the security settings for a few days. Please can you let me/us know when this will be fixed? Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

The ticket was opened yesterday. I've got no estimated fix date yet. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Ok thanks. When will the developers get this broken URL fixed? Talktalk have known about the issue for some time it seems.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

The developers have confirmed that there's a redirect in the link and the URL is broken. They're working to fix it now. 

Ady

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

I've been checking and its working for me. But I've just retested from my TalkTalk test line and of course it fails. I'm sorry for the delay. I'll get an incident raised now. 

Ady

0 Likes

Iainth
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

I am having the exact same problem and error message trying to access My Security

I want to alter the kids settings so access to Roblox will be allowed. Currently we cannot access Roblox if connected to TT wifi but no problem if we switch it off and use mobile data. Very frustrating to be unable to change my security settings.

0 Likes