cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Cannot get landline to work with Grandstream VOIP adapter

TD1966
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Having finally upgraded (long saga there) to FF900 a week ago, as expected the old landline stopped working. I had been told at various times in the long saga, that I simply needed the VOIP adapter, and TT duly sent one which arrived yesterday. Plugged it in and nothing. When I pick the phone up I get 'device not registered'. After being passed around their 'agents' I was finally told that....."That is because your package is Fibre 900 Data Only, which does not support landline usage."

Now, is there a good technical reason why it wont work, or is this just TT being difficult?

As I say, I was led to believe all along that the VOIP adapter would work OK.

Thanks for any info on this...........

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi TD1966,

Your service is 'data only' so there is no VoIP service provided, apologies for any confusion. (The digital voice adapter seems to have been sent in error)

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @TD1966 

Normally that is correct, the FF900 package is data only & therefore does not support Digital Voice. However, if perhaps you made a deal on the upgrade that included Digital Voice, that is different.

Do you know what was promised with your upgrade in this respect?

If you have Digital Voice, then the normal procedure to get a problematic DV connection to register with the Grandstream is as follows:-

1. Disconnect the gateway eero from the ONT.
  2. Connect the Grandstream directly to the ONT
  3. Perform a reset on the Grandstream.
  4. If that registers OK, then connect everything back as it should be & all will be well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes